Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Possible loop in K1.7.1 upgrade installer

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by mattfaulds
Upgrading both K1.6.5 and K1.7.0 to K1.7.1 upgraded successfully but I had to intervene.

Loop formed constantly reloading:

option=com_kunena&view=install&task=next (I think)

Displayed intermittently:

Prepare Installation ... OK
Uncompressing com_kunena-admin.zip ... OK
Uncompressing com_kunena-site.zip ... OK

Solution was to stop page loading and then load manually.

Also unable to leave Installation Completed via any links.

J1.5.25, PHP 5.3.4, Linux VPS
AkeebaBackup installed (could restore points interfere?)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by mattfaulds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I really don't know too much about this. Is it possible, at this stage, to post any kind of Kunena configuration report?

I must have performed ~300 Kunena upgrades and sometimes they are done in less than a minute and sometimes they take longer. The longest that I've seen has been 2 minutes. I don't think there's a widespread looping problem with the K 1.7 installer (and we haven't received any other reports) but, I accept that you're having a problem. Maybe someone with a lot more technical knowledge than me can help.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
This is browser issue (Chrome maybe Opera, too) which seems to be appeared after some Joomla release (1.5.20 or something). I think I've found a cure for it, or workaround.. Maybe next version of Kunena installs with all browsers without having to stop the process.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I haven't seen this problem myself (nor, as I understand it, has Matias either) but there are three ways to tackle the problem:

(1) Try the installation with a different web browser (e.g. Firefox or Internet Explorer). The issue here is Google Chrome thinking that you're trying to return to the same URL and it doesn't load the page.

(2) Stop Google Chrome attempting to reload the page and continue the install "manually" (but don't ask me how!)

(3) Add a random character string at the end of the URL (e.g. &abcde - where "abcde" is a string of characters after the &).

I hope this helps.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by mattfaulds
Interesting. This was with Safari 5.1.1 (Mac) so perhaps it's a webkit issue?

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by postmanpl
it's chrome problem. i got the same on that browser. On Safari everything is ok with installer

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by Matias
I think I got this fixed into Kunena 1.7.2.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds