Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Odd question on installing K1.7 admin components on upgraded J1.7 site (Screenshot)

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by mcgski
I'm trying to upgrade my J1.5.23 site to J.17. I've run the JUpgrade step and now have to "Install" my components that were migrated but are not showing up in the Admin Component section. I had previously successfully upgraded to K1.7 under J1.5.23, so while I'm not upgrading per se, I'm just trying to get the components installed to show up in my admin panels. I've installed CB successfully, but when I try installing Kunena, I get the following screenshot.

Is it OK to hit that button even though it's saying it'll install 1.6? I'm using the same K1.7 distro used to upgrade J1.5.23. The Upgrade instructions here only mention the 1.6 distro and nothing about 1.7.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

OK, since my install of Joomla was a test site, I went for it and clicked the button. What I got was a K1.7 install, but with no users or categories. While I haven't checked, I'm guessing my config is no longer there as well. I was able to Sync Users to get my users moved over from the Joomla/CB user list, but the categories are a mystery.

Now I'm off to look for threads on migrating categories. If anyone has a thread they can point me to, I'd much appreciate it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by mcgski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
Attachment: yes, that's a bug in language, not in Kunena...

JUpgrade 1.2.1 has a bug that prevents Kunena from migrating. It also has a few other bugs that were annoying. I would wait for the new version where I've fixed a few bugs together with the author.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by mcgski
Matias, thanks! Looking forward to the new release of both.

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds