Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Upgrade issue

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by jstcynske
Upgrade issue was created by jstcynske
Installed 1.6.5 from 1.5 and it crashed my entire site, based on info below what would cause it?
www.strotherarchery.com

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : strother | author: blackmonster | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 13/12/10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.0.45

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by jstcynske.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Upgrade issue
The reason that your Kunena does not work on your site is because you did properly follow the advice given in the release notes. The release notes clearly state (under the section that deals with Compatibility with Third-Party modules), "Kunena 1.6.5 is not compatible with modules or plug-ins designed for previous versions and we recommend you uninstall all Kunena 1.5 extensions before installing or upgrading."

The so-called "Kunena" Latest 1.0.45 module was not developed by the Kunena project, has never been endorsed or supported by the Kunena project, and has not been available to anyone for download for over 12 months, is one such module. This is what has crashed your site and you need to uninstall it.

Your configuration report also shows that you are using legacy mode . That's entirely your decision if you wish to use legacy mode but you should also be aware that K 1.6.5 has not been tested with legacy mode. In fact, we discourage legacy mode . If it works for you, that's good to hear but you should also be aware that if you are running outdated, J! 1.0 extensions that require legacy mode you are also running the risk that your site will encounter problems downstream if you don't attend to those matters as a priority issue.

I hope this answers your questions.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by jstcynske
Replied by jstcynske on topic Re: Upgrade issue
Thank you for the response! Unfortunatly for me, I have taken over this website and have the fun of finding out what the previous person did. I have un-installed Kunena" Latest 1.0.45 module, so that shouldn't be an issue. I also deleted some other items that were not needed and switched out of legacy mode. At first when I switched out of it, it caused issues. After deleted items, it now works fine.
I am having some issues with updating UddeIM, if I don't have the latest version of UddeIM, will that effect Kunena?
I believe I have changed what you mentioned in your response, do you see any reason to not attempt the update again?

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Upgrade issue
UddeIM: upgrading some older versions needed some thinking and manual work, but usually updates were pretty easy and painless. If I remember it correctly, you need to have at least UddeIM 2.0 to be able to use private messaging integration in Kunena. But I suggest you to find a way to use the latest version -- as it is just better.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by jstcynske
Replied by jstcynske on topic Re: Upgrade issue
Lost my site again after trying to install.
www.strotherarchery.com/forum

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : strother | author: blackmonster | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 13/12/10

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Upgrade issue
White pages (if you got one) come usually from very old modules and plugins that integrate to Kunena but do not check if Kunena is actually installed into the system. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done to fix that except for creating a test site and disabling those until you find out what breaks the site (it isn't Kunena!). Another possibility is to check last entries from Apache error log and look at the path to find out what's causing the issue.

If Kunena crashes it generates nice looking blue box giving some information/idea what went wrong (log in as admin or enable debug). For normal users it just tells to contact administrator..

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Upgrade issue
The site, www.strotherarchery.com/forum , is running K 1.5.4. :S

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds