Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Important Banners in Kunena do not work after upgrade

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by glassparman
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : js_earthblog | author: Casey Lee | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 6/20/08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.2.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

I recently upgraded from Kunena 1.5.12 to 1.6.4. I have had my site in place for many years and have been using mod_j15html by DART creations for some time with great success to place my banners in the custom Kunena module positions. I have always used kunena_msg_2 and it has worked great.

After the upgrade, nothing I can do gets the module to display again. I have tried every module position that the documentation says exists but still nothing works. Is there something I'm missing or am I just a doofus?? I know that the module itself still works as I can easily place it on any other page.

Been doing some reading: Disabled Legacy mode as I no longer need it. I turned on debug mode to see what I would get. I received the following error:

Kunena: MooTools domready event was never fired! (Mootools Upgrade is enabled and I'm at Mootools 1.2.5)
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by glassparman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
Please try milkway template (joomla). I think its a template issue.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
There's a lot of helpful information in K 1.6 Upgrade Guide .

Glad to see that you cut the legacy mode boat-anchor. ;) I agree with 810 and I think the issue lies with something associated with your site template. The fact that you received a "Kunena: MooTools domready event was never fired!" message clearly indicates a Javascript library conflict (see msg #1 in If you are having problems with K 1.6, please read this first for more advice on those issues). It's not just a case of "enable the mtupgrade plugin and everything will be fixed"; the problem has many possible causes.

CB 1.2.3 won't work with K 1.6.4 and that's a fact.

I also recommend that you read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ... particularly the part that concerns the
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds