Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Hiding the profile box at the top of the page (Blue Eagle template)

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled
I merged your topic with this old topic for two reasons. Firstly because the subject is similar to the question you asked and, secondly, because the information given in this topic is wrong and I wanted to correct it - in case other people stumble on the topic and try to use the recommendations made here.

Most importantly of all, please do not use the "loginbox.zip" file contained in an earlier message which was built for an previous release of K 1.6 and it will not work in K 1.6.3.

As with just about everything in this Templates and Design category, if you use a web developer's tool like Firebug for Firefox - or some other equivalent product that you might prefer - you can solve most of these issues by using a couple of mouse-clicks. If you want to remove the whole profile box and everything it contains - including the link to private messages (like you see here at www.kunena.com ) - then add the following three lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:

#Kunena table.kprofilebox {
display:none;
}

I dont know the full path of your Joomla site template file. You haven't given us any information about your website. Everyone's site template files are different. Firebug for Firefox will tell you what CSS files are loaded on your site.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: loungeme, sarx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12 by schmaka
At the top of forum pages there is a whole section called the profilebox. It contains your avatar, welcome message and some other stuff.

How do you remove it from the template?

There is a doc on the wiki but it is really old and the files it talks about don't exist in 1.6.
docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_I_can_disa..._or_whole_Profilebox

Please help.

cheers
schmaka

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #13 by sozzled
The document that you referred to has a big banner at the top that reads: Rather than remove the article, which is was written before K 1.6 was developed, it remains there for the handful of people who still have an interest in K 1.5. It is unfortunate that there are a few things in the Wiki that need to be updated (and if someone would like to volunteer their time to do some Wiki-writing I am sure that we would all appreciate it).

Your question has been answered (as far as K 1.6 is concerned) if you had searched the forum for it.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #14 by schmaka
Thanks for the info.

Btw, I did see the banner and I did search the forum but couldn't find the answer which is why I asked for some help. I showed the link to help others and to show I hadn't just asked a question without looking around first.

I'm sure you guys don't mean it, but the moderation from this forum has some serious passive agresive tone in it's replies. It's something I always remember from last time I used Kunena and frequented tthis toolhis forum. Shame, because the tool is very impressive.

I'll make sure to open my eyes more next time I need an answer.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #15 by sozzled
There's no aggressiveness in our tone and if you inferred any it was not intended. This is a community-driven self-help forum where people can find the answers to their questions; this is a forum where we encourage the community to give help to one another. It is not the job of the forum moderators to seek out, to solve the problems of, or to find the information that everyone can access. Our job, as moderators, is to facilitate the discussions and to ensure that things run smoothly for everyone's benefit. :)

I'm pleased that you took the trouble to use your initiative to look for the information and I'm sorry if the information was not immediately available or intuitively easy to find. We are aware that this forum is used by a lot of people and, for many of them (particularly those for whom English is not their native language) they need extra help. I found the information for you and I'm pleased that your question was answered.

I apologise if my answer seems a little "abrupt". I only meant to explain why the information you found was inappropriate (in the context of K 1.6) and to help ... as quickly and as concisely as possible. I'm only human, too, you know ;)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #16 by wysiwyg
Replied by wysiwyg on topic How to remove header
Hi,

I want to remove header area of the forum. You may check it from the picture attached...

will you please let me know?

Thank You In Advance

Attachments:

More
12 years 10 months ago #17 by wysiwyg
Replied by wysiwyg on topic Re: How to remove header
thank you sozzled... You are very helpful to me.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #18 by dennnis89
Replied by dennnis89 on topic How do I remove this?
Yo guys, here I am again.
I shall explain my situation.

I am using kunena forum for old people to communicate.
They don't seem to understand how a forum works.
Even the manager doesn't. I removed the whole forum index and created a simple article with 3 links, to 3 forum area's.

You can see that here:

Now when you click on one of the 3 links, you will go to this:

The thing is, that I only want to show the Topic Header, with the description and all the topics ofcource.
I want to remove the whole upper part, the red selected part. They don't need that, because there is another menu somewhere to go to their profile and stuff.

I think I need the right php file to just delete some divs.
I tried it with firebug in firefox and it worked.
Just tell me where I can find that php file please.

Thnx! :laugh:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by dennnis89.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #19 by sozzled
See msg #11 in this topic. No need to change PHP. Just add three lines of CSS to your Joomla site template.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #20 by dennnis89

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds