Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Changing Default Font Size in Editor

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by AndyInSpain
Hello all,

This should be an easy one to sort out. Where in the CSS, in the Kunena 1.6 Blue Eagle template, can I change the default font size for the text area when composing a new post (like I'm doing now)? It's a bit small.

Below is the config report. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks for a fantastic product.

Andy.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC1 | Build: 3173 | Version name: Kujadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by Cerberus
in kunena.forum.css ( you will need to reminimise this using refresh-sf.com/yui/ to make the kunena.forum-min.css file again )
Code:
#Kunena table#kpostmessage .ktxtarea { border:1px solid #BFC3C6; font-size:1.5em; <---- add this line ( 1em is default size ) height:200px; overflow:auto; }

I recommend make a custom template rather than modifing the default one so that when you upgrade your changes are not lost.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Cerberus.
More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by AndyInSpain
Many thanks for your swift reply, Cerberus. It is much appreciated. I shall do exactly as you request.

Thanks very much and kind regards

Andy.
More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by Cerberus
your welcome :) the thanks button is a wonderful thing ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyInSpain
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5 by AndyInSpain
OK, all done, but can I be a pain and ask you which CSS section controls the font size for the Quick Reply box? It seems to be different from the compose/reply text areas.

Many thanks

Andy.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by AndyInSpain.
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #6 by Cerberus
yes quick reply is a different css section.

in kunena.forum.css ( you will need to reminimise this using refresh-sf.com/yui/ to make the kunena.forum-min.css file again )
Code:
#Kunena .kreply-form .inputbox { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF; border:1px solid #999999; color:#000000; font-size:1.5em; <---- add this line ( default value is 1em ) margin:2px 0; }

I recommend make a custom template rather than modifing the default one so that when you upgrade your changes are not lost.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Cerberus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyInSpain
More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by jodin

Cerberus wrote:

Does this mean I cant just edit the kunena.forum.css file? What is this reminimise do/mean??
please help. The text in the reply boxes is too small and difficult to read.

Thanks
More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
The technical term is "minify". See the article Minified CSS in the companion Wiki site for details about what this means and how to make it work for you.
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9 by jodin
Hey, Thanks!! I just read thru the wiki. However there is no file kunena.forum-min.css in my default or default-ex dir. There is only kunena.forum.css. I did create kunena.forum-min.css and uploaded it to the template dir, but when I refresh my browser the changes are not there.
am I missing something??
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by jodin. Reason: typo
More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Well, it sounds like you're missing K 1.6.

What version of Kunena have you installed?
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds