Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Removing the whole top box, not just the menu tabs.

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by james2581
I know there is a verrrrrry long merged topic about removing the index tabs. For those that don't know: you just edit the menu in menu manager. However what if you want to remove that whole section? Like the login, the drop down box, and the tree style navigation as you click through the forum, the whole box. I know you can minimize it but I want to completely remove it. The first thing I want to see is the Category Title and posts.

Why do I want this removed??? Well my actual forum is not visible to my users. I setup my menu links to display certain forum categories. With the tree nav setup they can click and actually view the index which show the whole forum. I don't want them to see that.

How can I fix this?

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
All these things are achievable.

You know how to remove the menu tabs (actually, it's quite easy: simply unpublish the "Kunena Menu" module in Module Manager).

Removing the whole "top box" is also simple, too: see How can we remove whole profile box; we can only disable login box in K 1.6?

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by james2581
okay thanks for code but for some reason even after I added it the mark all topics as read, users online and the forum tree style bar is still there?

I added the 3 lines to the very end of the css.template

Did I do something wrong?

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I did not realise that you also wanted to remove the forum breadcrumbs, the mark all topics read button and the forum jump selector tool, too.

To remove those things, you also need to add these lines of CSS to your Joomla site template:
Code:
#Kunena .kforum-pathway { display: none; } #Kunena .klist-markallcatsread { display: none; }
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: james2581

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by james2581
Thank you so much. Yes it removed everything. Not a big deal but now I have a line with the plus sign but it doesn't expand. Is that easy to remove? If it's complicated I'll leave it.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Again, no problem is too difficult to not be able to solve with Firebug for Firefox (see also the FAQs tab at the top of this page How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? ). Add the following three lines of CSS to your Joomla site template:
Code:
#Kunena #ktop { display: none; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: james2581

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by james2581
thank you, thank you, thank you

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by james2581
need to get rid of one more thing. at the bottom of a category or a post there is the same tree style forum nav as on the top. For example Kunena>Kunena 1.6 I removed it from the top when I cleared out that whole section but how can I clear it from showing on the bottom as well?

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
Y'know you can do anything with Firebug! ;)

Add the following three lines to your Joomla template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena .klist-bottom { display: none; }

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by james2581
I added the lines of code but the links still show up :(

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds