Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Formatting Issue - Welcome User / Statistics Areas

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by cv81
To summarize, my Kunena has been great but I can't for the love of me even figure out how to fix this. There are extra page breaks and unnecessary spacing.

See screenshot below of the two troublesome areas.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : gk_sporter | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: 30/09/2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.2

Modules: None

Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by cv81.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by cv81
Also, I'd like to shrink my whole kunena tables down as a whole + font .. Is there a quick fix.. ? Here is the link for my forum for both challenges

www.gmgames.org/index.php?option=com_kun...t&catid=0&Itemid=125

Cheers

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Do these problems of page-breaking occur when are not logged in? I looked at your site (using Firefox 4) and I could not see the issue you were trying to demonstrate with the images you posted.

Have you looked at the possibility that the problem(s) is/are caused by the site template that you are using? Have you investigated the problems with a web design tool like Firebug ? Firebug is the "quickest fix" that I know for issues like yours. ;)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cv81

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #4 by cv81
Thank you for the prompt reply. Ironically it is firefox 4 I am using myself. Ive been trying everything with FireBug to try and find how to make the left align and right align work on the same level. I can't seem to find the alignment, width % or anything by trial and error.

I just tried IE and I get the same issue...

-- The statistics breaks still happens logged in or not. The welcome area I'm not too concerned and you didn't see because you weren't registered.

It's most definitely my template because nobody else has this issue.. I've googled my same question and I got this hyperlink again! :)

This is with IE7-8, as well

Any help on the css itself and which alignment portion would be so greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by cv81.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Try this:

Edit your file www.gmgames.org/templates/gk_sporter/css/template.css at around line 28 where it says
Code:
ul { clear: both; list-style: none outside none; }
... and change it to this
Code:
ul { // clear: both; list-style: none outside none; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: cv81

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by cv81
Dude! I love you. (In a techy kind of way) haha.

That was it, it was way further up to the template css and not just kunena. Rock on! Thanks again

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by cv81
Oh just for anyone who google's this in the future

This was with template:

Sporter by Gavick Pro and Kunena , statistics and welcome user spacing issue.

Cheers

More
12 years 1 day ago #8 by Jurgen_E
Sorry that I post in a old topic, but I have the same problem with my template. I've googled several times, used firebug a few times to look up the problem, but I can't find the solution. Maybe one of you guys can help me.

Site: www.realliferpg.nl/index.php/forum/

Regards,

Jurgen

More
12 years 1 day ago #9 by sozzled
Jurgen_E: your problem is similar and the issue is caused by the Joomla site template that you are using (allrusty-tg) but I don't know who designed that template. The solution is similar to what I wrote in msg #5 but you need to adapt the solution to the specific template files in your case (i.e. ../templates/allrusty-tg/css/styles.css). This is a case of My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . ;)

More
12 years 1 day ago #10 by Jurgen_E
Hi Sozzled,

Indeed it was similar to the other issue, I just deleted the clear:both comments one by one in the css and finaly it's working :).

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds