Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Changing how sub-categories are arranged in the Index view (from horizontal to vertical)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by KateKoch44
They present horizontally now and it's very cluttery looking and not as easy to read. They were vertical in the 1.5 version I had. Is there a way to change it back to vertical? My personal problem is that I have one forum that has about a dozen child forums and I have no way of getting around this. I can't have them all be their own forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Child forums
Hello KateKoch44,

add in your Joomla! template.css following code:
Code:
#Kunena div.kcc-subcat { width: 100%; }

width: 100% is one sequence (vertical)
width: 50% is two sequence (vertzical)
width 33% is three sequence (vertical) and so forth

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by KateKoch44
Replied by KateKoch44 on topic Re: Aw: Child forums
Thank you, I appreciate it more than you know!

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by blacktino79
Hi, I did search for this on the forums, but only came across the opposite problem. My developer made the sub-categories vertical, but I want them HORIZONTAL to save space (see Android Forums pic - like this). What code do I need to enter or change to make this happen. If you know please be as specific as possible. I am a newbie and want to get this right. I really appreciate your help.
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, blacktino79, and welcome to Kunena. See msg #2 in this topic.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by blacktino79
Hi! This is the one I read, but this is the opposite problem. This person wants to go Vertical, I want to go Horizontal.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
The image you gave us shows a horizontal arrangement of sub-categories. Have I misunderstood your current situation?
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #8 by blacktino79
Yes. The picture I uploaded is what I want. The person who started this thread had theirs HORIZONTAL to begin with and wanted to go VERTICAL.

I have the opposite problem. My sub-categories are currently VERTICAL, and I want them to be like what is in the picture - HORIZONTAL!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by blacktino79.

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thank you. You did not make that distinction clear when you originally asked the question and that is why I merged the two topics together.

Perhaps if we had more information about your website we might have been more efficient and effective in helping you. Please see What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #10 by blacktino79
I'm new. I'm not sure if what you want is below. I didn't do the developing, but it is my site and I do know how to do basic programming editing. All I want is for my sub forums to be HORIZONTAL and not VERTICAL.

(Included the Report but it kept saying Confidential - Do I really post it here?)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by blacktino79.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds