Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Help with Font Colour

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by alexwalker
Can anyone help me change the font colour from grey to black? It is very hard to read. Please see www.theomm.com/forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2 by teratyke
Replied by teratyke on topic Re: Help with Font Colour
Hi
You have a css file...
/templates/js_onyx/css/style-orange.css - its part of your template.

and in it is a line

color: #CCC or #cccccc or similar. change that to something darker, maybe #333333.

Hope this helps.
I'm not much on css really, but I noticed your post because I bought my girlfriend some omm running stuff at Christmas and its great :laugh: !!!

Thanks
Rob

ps I should add - changing that may have implications for the rest of the site...
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by teratyke.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexwalker

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by alexwalker
Rob, brill ! CSS is not my bag ! I have changed the font colour to orange in keeoing with the OMM. Looks quite good. Many thanks for the quick response and help. Much appreciated. Glad you liked the gear for your girlfriend. Regards. Alex

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by alexwalker
Rob/anyone - when people use internet explorer browser (and they will insist), they are unable to see the drop down menus in the forum, they are completely white. Is this as a result of changing the font to orange (in the Onyx CSS template) in the forum so that it was eaiser to read? I also note I have the same problem in Community Builder when viewed through ie. Firefox and Chrome are fine. Any ideas ?

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5 by teratyke
in www.theomm.com/templates/js_onyx/css/2_formalize.css

try changing

background-color: #CA6129
to
background-color: #CA6129 !important

That seems to fix the background, can't figure out the text though.
Open the page in IE then hit F12 to get the developer tools where you can 'fiddle' with the css.

Fun, eh?!

I'm sure someone else could give you much better advice than me.
Rob
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by teratyke.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by alexwalker
Rob, thanks but I am not sure what you mean by saying
background-color: #CA6129
to
background-color: #CA6129 !important
?

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by teratyke
there should be a file called 2_formalize.css that is in /templates/js_onyx/css/ - part of your joomla template

there should be a line in that file that reads
background-color: #CA6129;

just add the word !important after the colour hex code (ca6129). It should read

background-color: #CA6129 !important; when you are done.

Least that's how it looks from here.

Rob

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by alexwalker
Rob, thanks. Added the !important after the hex and it now shows orange in the drop down list but cannot see any text still. Need to make it black or white wihtout affecting the display through other non ie browsers.

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by teratyke
Hello again!
I did try changing the font colour using the ie8 developer tools, but I couldn't find the css that was controlling the colour. I suspect you need to add some css to change the colour to your main template css. You just need to identify the class. If I get a chance I'll have another look later this week, but as I said before I'm not good much on this!
Thanks
Rob

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by alexwalker
Rob, I resorted to getting this done by a css expert and this is working now. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds