Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How do you override #Kunena a:active

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by sebnunes
Hi all,

I changed the default css to match my customer needs, but despite I change the following lines, my changes are not applied.
Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {color: #FFFFFF;}

When I check the source code of the page I see that the following lines of styles are injected in the HTML:
Code:
<style type="text/css"> <!-- /* Kunena Custom CSS */ #Kunena div.kheader { background: #414141 } #Kunena #ktop { border-color: #414141 } #Kunena #ktop span.ktoggler { background: #414141 } #Kunena #ktab a:hover, #Kunena #ktab li.Kunena-item-active a { background-color: #414141 } #Kunena #ktab ul.menu li.active a { background-color: #414141 } #Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {color: #414141;} #Kunena a:focus {outline: none;} #Kunena a:hover {color: #FF0000;} [color=#bb0000]#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {color: #5388B4;}[/color] #Kunena a:focus {outline: none;} #Kunena div.kannouncement div.kheader { background: #414141 } #Kunena div#kannouncement .kanndesc { background: #222222 } #Kunena div.kfrontstats div.kheader { background: #414141 } #Kunena div.kwhoisonline div.kheader { background: #414141 } #Kunena .kicon-profile { background-image: url("http://www.ducati-sud-belgio.be/9.0/components/com_kunena/template/default/media/iconsets/profile/default/default.png"); } #Kunena .kicon-button { background-image: url("http://www.ducati-sud-belgio.be/9.0/components/com_kunena/template/default/media/iconsets/buttons/blackbird/default.png"); } #Kunena #kbbcode-toolbar li a,#Kunena #kattachments a { background-image:url("http://www.ducati-sud-belgio.be/9.0/components/com_kunena/template/default/media/iconsets/editor/default/default.png"); } /* End of Kunena Custom CSS */ --> </style>

So how do you change the default color for links ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
You can "override" the CSS rules by adding them to your Joomla site template. The Joomla site template (which is the last CSS to be loaded) overrides just about everything.

You can apply your own CSS rules, by modifying the Kunena template CSS, but this is a little tricky. To understand how the Kunena template CSS works, you should do a bit of background reading. Start with Minified CSS and work your way from there.

The question may not be a case of "how do I make the changes" but, instead, "where do I need to make the changes". I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sebnunes

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by sebnunes
OK, thanks for your answer.

Indeed, it's not how, but where. But I don't understand why kunena injects hardcoded values in the HTML while there is a dedicated css for kunena.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by TauxFu
I've been trying to change my default link colours as well. I successfully changed the colours of everything else in the forum other than the type of links I've outlined in red. Hello tacky!

I found the hex & decimal codes for the colours i need to replace, I just cant seem to find the right file to change.

Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
The easiest way to override Kunena CSS is to put the changes into your Joomla site template CSS. Only you know what that's called and where it's located. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toolcrazy

More
13 years 3 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by TauxFu
Oh i've been all over that file already. I just can't find what changes it.

Joomla Template - Template.css

Maybe I'm missing some colour code from the default kunena template.

Should I be trying to change this in the html?

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Matias.

More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by DaSponge
Hi,

I successfully changed my link colors by adding the change in my template's file. Thanks !! But I was just wondering if I should just make all future template changes to Kunena in my websites template's css file if its just going to override everything ?

If that's the case would it be ok to just ignore editing the default.min css files for custom changes.
Or are there going to be times when it would be best to make the changes in the kunena.default-min.css ?

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by Hazardous Pain
hello,
I have this same issue and I cannot seem to find a solution, I tried pasting this line the template.css of my template but it is not working:
Code:
/* Custom Kunena */ #Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active { color:#c52d2d; }

what am I doing wrong?
help very appreciated!

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by Hazardous Pain
Anyone please?? I really need this!!

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by j3n
I had the same problem and i found the solution.

Go to the template default folder:
1. com_kunena > template > default > initialize.php
2. Make a back up of initialize.php by duplicating and rename it (just in case)
3. In Dreamweaver, do a search and replace for old color, replace with new color
4. Save and upload it.

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds