Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Changing buttons

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by yunie_
Changing buttons was created by yunie_
I tried to change the buttons for quick reply, reply, etc. but even after removing the background url in forum-min and changing it to a solid colour, the background still appears (although its distorted).

any help?

I've searched the forum but nothing seems to really ans my qn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Changing buttons
You might have an incomplete Kunena installation. You might try installing K 1.6.1 (again, if you are already using this version) and use the Blue Eagle (default) template.

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by yunie_
Replied by yunie_ on topic Re: Changing buttons
Will reisntalling it disrupt all the template modifications i've done to blue eagle template? Anyway I do not think its bcoz of an incomplete Kunena installation. I don't know, is the chances high that I actaully have an incomplete kunena installation?

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Changing buttons

yunie_ wrote: Will reisntalling it disrupt all the template modifications i've done to blue eagle template?

You mean that you've been changing things? Have you considered the possibility that you caused the problems in the first place?

Very important tip: Users should never change the Blue Eagle template. Users should never change the sample template. Every time you upgrade new versions of Kunena you will lose all the changes you have made. What you should do is to create your own template (or make changes to your site template) so that you can continue to apply updates to your Kunena installation without having to reapply your changes ever time that you need to do these things.

Yes, reinstalling Kunena will "disrupt" all the template modifications you've done to the Blue Eagle template.

If you want to keep your own template design then you should make your own template. There are instructions in the Wiki for how to build your own personalised Kunena template.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by yunie_
All I did was to change font size, hex colour codes, simple stuff. but you are right i might accidentally changed something somewhere.

i change to a fresh new template (skinner), search for:
background-image:url("../../default/media/iconsets/buttons/default/default.png")

and changed it to
background:#000

but the buttons are still there. This is what I wanted to know. So where do I actually need to change to take away the buttons?

regarding the nvr to edit the blue eagle template, you are right. but its a small problem if you have back up. copy paste and u will get stuff back.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by yunie_.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: Changing buttons
Hello,

look to initialize.php about line 131
Code:
#Kunena .kicon-button { background-image: url(/"{$mediaurl}/iconsets/buttons/{$this->params->get('buttonIconset', 'default')}/default.png"); }

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: yunie_

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by yunie_
thank you so much for this.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds