Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Template Override

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by maximus09
Template Override was created by maximus09
Hi,

Is it possible to do override with K1.6 using 'com_kunena' in the template folder ?
I've test it and it don't seems to work. :dry:

Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Template Override
Template overrides are a little complicated and I haven't tried anything this extravagant with Kunena. As we all know, before Joomla view file for an extension, it first checks to see if a template override for a given view file exists in the html folder inside the current template folder. If it finds one, it will use that overriding file instead of the one packaged with the extension. In effect you need to have a file called

../templates/<your-current-template/html/com_kunena/default.php and it's within the default.php file that you put all the necessary code to override the Kunena views.

Now, before people start madly going off to research template overrides, not all Joomla 1.5 components follow the MVC design pattern and I don't know whether K 1.6 does either. Further, template overrides are "easiest" to implement if an extension only has one view but, because Kunena has multiple views, I don't really know how to go about writing a template override for Kunena.

To be honest with you, I would suggest that people should wait until the Kunena Skinner template is ready and they won't even worry about developing template overrides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maximus09

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by maximus09
Replied by maximus09 on topic Re: Template Override
Thanks for for the answer, I will put the default.php file in my template directories.

Override is not important for everybody but just in case you are not alone on a project it's easier to do an update with component override. And if you want to give just a template not a complete install of Joomla.

Regards.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by normdouglas
Replied by normdouglas on topic Re: Template Override
Sorry to drag this up and please forgive me but with all due respect owing to you, your answer would suggest that you don't fully acknowledge what Template Overrides are actually for.

Template overrides generally start their life as nothing more than a copy of the existing view files and then start modifying them.

So... my question is if you would, what is the structure I should follow for overrides of the various views.

Is it /templates/mytemplate/html/com_kunena/viewname/file.php

Or

/templates/mytemplate/html/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle(for example)/viewname/file.php

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Oh and bravo on such an awesome well supported forum... the Joomla community needs you.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds