Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Grey boxes and white letters dont work,how can I change color of the grey box?

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by Pixelsmiths
Hello

Once again I want to ask for your advice. :D

We have these two grey boxes appeairng on the forum. The grey color and white font clash.

The first one is on the profile page (look at Grey Box)

and the second is on the posts that friends made (when you scroll down from the profile page,Grey Box 2)

Any help please?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Pixelsmiths
I know you guys dont always see the posts so im just giving mine a little bump. :)

• Nihil
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #3 by Nihil
1) Download Firefox
2) Install the Firebug plugin
2.1)

2.2) vimeo.com/3087755
3) Find the feature "Inspect Element"
4) Poke around your site with that until you find the element that defines what you want to change.
5) Change the element IN Firebug to see what the change will look like
6) Open the template.css file that is the theme of your whole site. i recommend NotePad++ for this
7) Add/change the bits of code that will change Kunena to that template. But change it in the site template.

The code below is what i did to solve the same problem you had. Remember, this goes in the template running your whole site. Leave the Kunena templates alone. The site template will override the Kunena template.

/* Use comments to tell yourself what you are changing */
/* Or to remove lines of code without deleting them */

Thank Severdia when you get it working. He got me through this.
Code:
/* Change the link colors */ #Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active { color:#XXXXXX !important; } /* Change the header background colors */ #Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000; } /* Change the header text colors */ #Kunena .kblock div.kheader h2 a:link, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader h2 a:visited, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader h2 a:active { color: #fff !important; } /* Change the tab colors */ div#ktab ul.menu li a { background-color: #444444 !important; } /* Change the active tab & rollover colors */ div#ktab li#current a { background-color: #444444 !important; } div#ktab ul.menu li a:hover { background-color: #YYYYYY !important; } /* Change the border color under the top nav */ #Kunena #ktop { border-color: #YYYYYY; } /* Change the pagination color */ #Kunena .kpagination .active { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #XXXXXX; border:1px solid #YYYYYY; } #Kunena .kpagination a { border:1px solid #000000; } #Kunena .kpagination a:hover { border:1px solid #YYYYYY ; color: #fff !important; background: #XXXXXX; } /* Change the post link color */ #Kunena div.kmsg-header h2 a { color: #000 !important; } /* Change the toggler color */ #Kunena #ktop span.ktoggler { background-color:#444444; } /* Change the button rollover color */ #Kunena .kbutton:hover, #Kunena .kbutton:focus { background-color: #XXXXXX; border-color: #YYYYYY; } /* This line turns kunena text black. Turning that off so the text will be white again. #Kunena { color: #000000; }*/ /* Sets the thread title background color */ #Kunena tr.krow1 td { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #222222 !important; } /* Sets the alternating thread title background color */ #Kunena tr.krow2 td { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #333333 !important; } /* sets the background color of the threads! */ #Kunena div.kblock { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000 !important; } /* Not sure what this does yet */ #Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000 !important; } #Kunena .krow2-stickymsg { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000 !important; } #Kunena .krow1-stickymsg { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000 !important; } #Kunena td.kprofile-left { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #333333 !important; } #Kunena .kwho-globalmoderator { color: #FFFFFF !important; font-weight: bold; }

Some of these elements will change things you might not want changed, so you could try figuring out which you need first.

#Kunena tr.krow1 td
#Kunena tr.krow2 td

Are probably the most important to getting your site back on track.

Good luck!

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by ovccrick
This is absolutely so very cool and I thank you.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
That's one of the best tutorials about Firebug that I've seen. I think I'll write a tutorial in the Kunena Wiki to point to this.

More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by TauxFu
the codes you supplied helped me fix it all instantly. thanks soooo much.

Time to create page: 1.670 seconds