Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Forum pages don't display properly - not centered - pushed off to right

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by stempelman
Hello:

Nice program. Easy install but when I view it the page seems pushed to the right. Is this my site's css doing this or is there some setting in kunena that would move this over to the left so it does not look so odd? Thanks! I have attached a screenshot so you can see.

** CONFIGURATION SETTINGS FOLLOW **

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : takeyourpet | author: | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 21 03 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, stempelman, and welcome to Kunena.

Before I remind you that we're not obliged to correct the mistakes made by other template designers who can't write their CSS code in such a way as to allow something as simple as Kunena to work with their templates, can I ask you a question, please? Did you buy (or did you obtain) your template from Cloudaccess.net?

I will have a look at your website and see how much work in involved in making the changes that you require.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
I am sorry. I cannot help you at the moment because you have not allowed us to be able to see your forum. I cannot work from screen images. Do you have a test account that we can use to access your forum? You can post the details of your test account, using the confidential BBcode tag.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4 by stempelman
Hi and thanks- I am ready to cry. I have spent half a day on this and making no progress. I do not understand what a confidential bbcode tag is. I hover on all the board code icons and none says confidential.

How do I send confidential?

do I just enter (confidential) at the beginning of the post but use the square brackets instead of the parentheses?

Thanks,

Steve

p.s. - yes, I understand you are not obliged to correct mistakes and I do not wish you to. The template was by psd2html.com
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by stempelman. Reason: confidential tag question clarification

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Use the confidential tags ... like this
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
An example is shown in BBCode or by clicking the "?" icon on the BBcode toolbar when you compose a message in Kunena.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by stempelman
Thank you very much - takeyourpet.cloudaccess.net/forum

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
Change the line in the file ../templates/takeyourpet/css/all.css shown in red below:

#content h2 {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #4AA4F4;
color: #FFFFFF;
display: inline-block;
font: 600 18px/28px "Open Sans",Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
margin: 0 0 25px -9px;
padding: 0 15px;
}
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by stempelman
Thank you - I did that but it did not work - the forum is horizontally compressed not only causing problems with not being centered but also causing buttons to overlap and you can see when you go to the forum text is overlapping, etc.

Steve

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
Put things back the way they were. I will have a look in a couple of days, in my spare time. If you want me to work consistently on this until the task is completed, I can do that too ... for a price. ;)

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by stempelman
Yes, this is for a production website we are wanting to take live very soon so please advise payment details for your time and effort. Thanks,

Steve

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds