Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug Social icons URLS

More
12 years 1 week ago #1 by v1rto
Social icons URLS was created by v1rto
Hi, can someone tell me where are the urls stored for the social icons on the profile page, for example when youre editing the profile you type in just the username of facebook, but when you click on the the facebook icon its complete with www.facebook.com/USERNAME .
I have added custom profiles for various sites but dont know where can i change the urls..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #2 by v1rto
Replied by v1rto on topic Re: Social icons URLS
wow can really nobody from kunena help me here?

More
12 years 1 week ago #3 by v1rto
Replied by v1rto on topic Re: Social icons URLS
thanks again for the glorious help

More
12 years 1 week ago #4 by tonyp
Replied by tonyp on topic Re: Social icons URLS
You are welcome,

If you right click the image you should be able to click open in new tab? this will show the exact location on your server in the address bar.

Regards
Tony

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #5 by v1rto
Replied by v1rto on topic Social icons URLS
lol, you dont seem to understand what i wrote, i have edited the existing and added custom icons from some sites but i need to edit the URL which is somewhere in some php file i guess
it points to: delicious.com/MEMBERID
but i want it to point to: xfire.com/profile/MEMBERID
so i simple have to replace " delicious.com/ " with " xfire.com/profile/ " but i dont know where are those URLS
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by v1rto.

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by v1rto
ah, it was a waste of time to install kunena with this lame community

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Social icons URLS
Although it's probably a waste of time replying to your last message, let me remind you of the following:

There is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

Kunena is open-source software, licensed and freely distributed under the GPL. What this means is that you, or anyone, can take the source code and adapt it in any way that you see fit. This does not mean that the project team or other members of this community are obliged to accommodate every request that people make to tailor the Kunena component to suit individual or custom applications.

Kunena is a web-based discussion forum component for Joomla. Kunena is not a social networking, user-profiling application like JomSocial (for example) which may have the features you're looking for ... although you'll have to pay for it.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #8 by v1rto
i know all that but i thought there is somebody who actually made kunena and who could just point me roughly like you said. I actually searched thru most files of kunena but couldnt find where to change what im looking for..

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Social icons URLS
I'm not a developer of Kunena and I don't pretend to fully understand everything that you've asked about, but the files that handle the Kunena user profile editing are in the ../components/com_kunena/default/profile folder. In that folder is the file socialbuttons.php

I can't make head-nor-tail of what's in that file, maybe it's a red herring and I'm not sure if it's helpful to you, but I'm doing my best as I can to point you in the right direction. Perhaps there's another file in the folder I mentioned before that has the required information. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10 by v1rto
i was there and changed it to what i want but the urls of the buttons arent in this file
Code:
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die(); if (!isset($this->showUnusedSocial)) $this->showUnusedSocial = false; ?> <div class="kiconrow"> <?php echo $this->profile->socialButton('delicious', $this->showUnusedSocial); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->socialButton('linkedin', $this->showUnusedSocial); ?> </div> <div class="kiconrow"> <?php echo $this->profile->socialButton('facebook', $this->showUnusedSocial); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->socialButton('twitter', $this->showUnusedSocial); ?> <?php echo $this->profile->socialButton('skype', $this->showUnusedSocial); ?> </div>

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds