Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Can I disable board code?

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #1 by 650
Can I disable boardcode?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Yes you can ... but then your forum won't work properly. So, the question really is, why would you want to do that? :S

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #3 by 650
Replied by 650 on topic Re: Can I disable board code?
Thanks for your reply sozzled. I would like to disable because
1. No one in my forum use it.
2. 2 of most feature when people post are link and youtube and they can do it just post the link. Then done. So I don't know why they need boardcode for beginner user.
3. many people ask me how to add image because they see at the image icon at boardcode but your forum can attach image file. They confuse because it has two place to do this. I think it will be easy for beginner user like facebook or twiiter.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by 650.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
There is no configuration option, as such, to disable the BBcode toolbar but, if this is really important to you, perhaps someone else in the community can explain how you can edit the relavent PHP source code that will remove the feature from your system.

As far as your point 3 is concerned, there is the attachment upload and there's the image link button (on the BBcode toolbar) but these two features actually do quite different things. I would be careful in drawing the conclusion that you did.

Bolding and italicising are things I do every day, just as I do URL linking , too. I would be lost without the BBcode toolbar!

I would like to mention, in passing, that in the time that I've using this forum (over 3 years), for the nearly 2 million downloads of Kunena (and related products) and the half-a-million or so websites where these things are installed, I don't remember anyone saying that "no-one uses the toolbar". However, if that's what you want to do - or that's what your community has asked you to do - then I wish you all the very best of luck finding the answer.

I know it's possible to do. I just haven't spent any time looking into how it's done.
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
I had another thought. Easier than modifying PHP (something you would have to maintain yourself and, if people complain and ask you to put things back, it wouldn't be so easy to fix up again later): add the following lines of code to the end of your Joomla site template:
Code:
#kpost-toolbar { display: none; }
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by 650
Replied by 650 on topic Re: Can I disable board code?
Thanks sozzled for your reply and I think I will not change anything because I cannot solve the problem if it occur. But believe me that user like the easiest thing. In my country have a biggest forum named pantip.com. They have almost one million visitor per day. This forum only let people type, attach image, link, and post. I know most people of this forum are developer and they like new and many feature. But why Facebook, twitter and pantip.com have many people use it. I think they create for most people not developer and I know it hard to develop the easiest thing for most user

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by 650.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds