Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] Text colour is the same as background colour. How to fix?

More
12 years 1 month ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by SvSwebs
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : aquarians3 | author: Svilen Stoyanov | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-02-21

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Hi SvSwebs, welcome to Kunena,

Thanks for posting your configuration report, however, the title of your post does not help explain what your issue is, so please post some detailed information to enable us to help, if possible.

One thing you should do is not use the Example Kunena template, that is to help template designers and is not intended to run on a live board. Use Blue Eagle (Default) instead.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SvSwebs

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by SvSwebs
hello agaian.thanks for the advice to use the Blue eagle menu,i have used the example one,as it appeared a bit smaller,and dint effect the visibility of the modules on the right ;)

Now to my issue.
>The posts backgrount is set to white color which is ok,and seems nice even with the template of my website,but when a post is add,or set it seems like the Font-colour is white as well,so its unreadable unless i hovered the space with the left mouse button holded.

What i want is to change the Colour of the font to black,so the posts in the forum can be visibles and readable.
if you want you can check some of the posts on www.aquariuspeople.com,if my description is not very well!

Thank you!
Kind Regards
Svilen Stoyanov

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Good to hear that you're not using the Example template. :)

Your problem is caused by your Joomla site template. Please read My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? Do these articles help you?

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #5 by riseryn

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Hello,
I have the same problem but only for users using IE9.
The category select drop list background is white
The message textarea background is also white, all other parts are like defined in my joomla template
In kunena administration panel i have selected yes to the integration option with the joomla template.
This two items are the only one not respecting the colors within my joomla template.
How to give special instruction to IE to make correctly its job? ;)
No problems with Firefox(latest version)
In Chrome and Opera (latest version) only the drop list is affected
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by riseryn. Reason: typo

More
12 years 1 week ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, riseryn, and welcome to Kunena.

I agree with you: Internet Explorer is really tricky to setup properly and you need to be extra careful when you write CSS.

What happens if you set

Kunena » Template Manager » Blue Eagle (default) » Blend with Joomla Template = No

Does your forum work then?

The problem you are having is caused by how you (or whoever modified the Beez20 template that you are using) wrote the CSS for your website (how you have defined the SELECT elements). If you used the standard Beez20 template then you would not be having these problems (see My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena

More
12 years 1 week ago #7 by riseryn
Thanks for your answer.
Apparently some browsers attribute to some fields a white background color when there is no background color defined.
I solved my problem by defining a background color fitting my template and now its ok.
Its certainly not the best solution but this trick works for me.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds