Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] K1.7.2 - menu error - disapearing menu

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by PGriz
Hi All,

i'm using joomla 2.5 - kuena 1.7.2 - jomsocial 2.4 - and Gavick Music template.

Kunena runs fine in almost all instances except i get one annoying error.

After i submit a topic (chrome or IE browser) the top menu disapears slightly.

Please see picture attached.

ONLY happens after a new topic is posted, i searched the forum and didn't see anyone having same issue.
Other components work fine with the Music template, and in general Kuena works fine too, except for this one issue. Really really would appreciate help resolving this.

Hopefully its a simple CSS override.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Your problem is caused by the Gavick template. Please read My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena . The solution is, I'm sure, a simple matter of CSS.

I'm sure you would really appreciate help fixing the Gavick template that you probably paid good money for but I hope you also keep in mind that we don't know everything about every Joomla template that was ever designed and it's not our obligation to correct other template designers' mistakes, either.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by PGriz
yeah i appreciate that - no issues there - i guess if somone out there had the same template and same issue and had a fix, it would be awesome :(

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by mindriot
Ive seen that happen occasionally with one of the third party k1.7 templates running on their Gamebox template, but I havent managed to see it often enough to understand why yet.

Gavick in the past have been incredibly bad at keeping deadlines, delivering finished and bug free templates and supporting them properly. Often criticism in the support forums would simply be deleted and the attitude was theres nothing wrong.

Lately though things seem to be improving, some of their new forum staff are usually responsive and very good at fixing issues. Things are improving so hopefully itll continue until theyre on a par with other professional template clubs.

This might help you with js and music :

www.gavick.com/support/forums/136/13032.html

These might be of help tracking down whose css is at fault :

getfirebug.com/firebuglite

getfirebug.com/

www.opera.com/dragonfly/

Then you may be able to more specifically know whose support needs to deal with issues. Half the battle these days with templates and third party components is deducing whodunnit so to speak.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by mindriot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by PGriz
yeah - i realized the lack of support from Gavick after i had purchased a subscription - they have good looking templates but like you said their support lacked. HOWEVER, having said that in the last month their support has REALLY picked up and a lot of my questions are being answered, so this is a positive and i am a regular on their support Forum working through bugs and assisting others under the name KGComm.

Was hoping someone has seen this and been able to resolve this or point me to the location quickly, looks like i will have to dust of my old developer skills and try to use those tools to debug and fix the issue. If i find it and fix it ill share for others.

Cheers.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by PGriz
Fixed the issue: OVerRide below: made overflow = visible

#mainContent {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
overflow: visible;
}

#gkMain {
clear: both;
overflow: visible;
padding: 0;
}

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds