Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to hide or remove info from profile page

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by numerus
Hi,

I looked in the Kunena configuration panel and did a quick search of the forums, looked in common question stickies, etc... but didn't find answer.
I would like to eliminate all of profile fields: Location, Sex, Birthday, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc. See attached images. My forum is a specific forum and requires this action.

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
The answer, as with most custom templating questions, is in the FAQs- the menu item near the top of this forum page - How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? .

This should be no problem - easier if you know your way around CSS and Firebug . Please post the URL of your forum. We would also require an account on your site to handle your second question about hiding the information on a user's profile. You can post that information using the "confidential" tags, like this:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by numerus
Thank you sozzled,

I have managed to fix this issue using Firebug. But this only hide profiles options, (users data are still existing in database).
I would like to ask if there is any option to disable users to enter these data in there profile page.
I'm using defalut Kunena template and latest 1.7.2 Kunena version, and i didn't change php codes in template, just CSS.
Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by numerus.
More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
You cannot hide (with CSS) displaying where people may be able to enter or edit this information, but does it really matter? The only person who can see this information is the person entering/editing it.

You can, if you want, edit the PHP and prevent the input forum items being generated. That's a different issue.

You asked if there is any "option" to do this? There are always options but there are also costs ... and you have to remember that this is not a standard, user-configurable feature of the Kunena product. The cost is either your time to find and change the relevant PHP yourself or money to pay someone else for their time if you cannot do this yourself. A further cost is remembering to make these changes again in future when it comes time to upgrading Kunena.
More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by numerus
OK,
Thank you sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds