Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Templates and Colors

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by jthunder
Hello -
I found in the /components the Kunena template which let me switch between templates. So, I copied them to make 4 templates so I can change colors with ease. My Joomla 2.5 template uses very simple colors. I just need to make the your blue turn either green, red, or orange depending on which template to choose so I can make Kunena tabs colors change accordingly.

Can someone tell me which code in the template I need to change to change the tabs colors like; Main forum tab, who is online tab, statistics tab, etc.

Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by jthunder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Templates and Colors
I'm sorry but I'm not clear on the problem. We have had hundreds of topics asking all kinds of questions about how to change colours of things.

The answer to your question depends on the Kunena template you are using (and also on the version of Kunena you are using). Depending on the Kunena template, there are settings in the Kunena Template Manager that you can change. Some other colour changes can easily be made by adding specific CSS rules to the end of your Joomla site template file (see How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Does this help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jthunder

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by jthunder
Replied by jthunder on topic Re: Templates and Colors
Hello,

Oh well.. I am on the new v1.7.2. The tabs I need to change are these blue tabs. See attached picture. Those are the only ones. However, if it affects other areas of Kunena, then its even better because I am only interested in making the tab colors blend with my colors.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Display picture on post

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
This topic subject is not very helpful. This category ( K 1.6 and K 1.7 Templates and Design ) is all about "Templates and Colours". Therefore, if every topic created in this category had the subject "Templates and Colours" we would not need hundreds (or thousands) of different topics, would we? They would all be about "Templates and Colours" ... and no-one would be able to find anything. :(

I have given you a general answer about "Templates and Colours" and I've asked you some questions to help us focus on the specific issues that you want to discuss. Your picture does not show me anything wrong, specifically. It looks just like any normal Kunena forum. Perhaps you could indicate on that image what you call "tab colours". What are these "tabs"? Are you talking about the Forum Header Background, perhaps?

I'm still guessing.

It would help to know what Kunena template you are using when you ask these questions. The answers depend on the Kunena template that you are using.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by jthunder
I DID NOT SAY THERE ANYTHING WRONG ON THE PICTURE... I SAID JUST THOSE BLUE COLORS... AND I ONLY SEE BLUE THERE... AS IF IT HARD TO SEE .........

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
There is no need to shout and, if you continue to do so we will take appropriate action.

I have asked you to provide us with information about your Kunena template. From the sounds of things you have tried to create your own customised template. I do not know what Kunena template you have based your custom template - are we discussing the Example template or the Blue Eagle template?

I can easily answer the question if we are discussing the Blue Eagle template. If you are using a different template then the answer will be different. I have now asked you twice to give us specific information about what Kunena template you are using. You have not given us that specific information. Further answers from me, at this time, are based on educated guesswork. How about reading What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

I think you need to go to Kunena Template Manager, edit Blue Eagle (default) template, change Forum Header Background to the colour that you want to use. However, from what you have written, I am only guessing and I am probably wrong.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by jthunder
Is this an auto responder or an automated script ! Anyway, Let me just go find a manual.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by Jiminimonka
Sozzled has linked you the information you need to start with, and you should paste your un-edited Configuration Report from Kunena admin so the developer team can help you.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jthunder

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by jthunder
Its quite OK. I found what I need to edit. I just edited it. Thanks for your input.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #10 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Templates and Colors
Hello jthunder,

The problem here is that you're asking Kunena devs how to modify the template, which is a bit outside the purview of this forum. We're here to help users who may be having trouble with the default configuration and available options, and that takes up all of our time, leaving almost none for helping with custom modifications like what you're asking for. Unfortunately, that's one of the side-effects of providing only free support for a free extension.

It's possible one of the other forum users might be able to help you with the modifications you're looking for. As far as changing the colours of tabs and other elements, it's not necessary to make complete copies of the templates the way you did. That only prevents future updates to these templates from working when new versions of Kunena are released. It's a fairly simple affair to create colour overrides for the elements you want to change by using a separate CSS file, but this requires solid knowledge of CSS to begin with.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by GoremanX.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds