Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question New Topic Count - how to change case?

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by GJSchaller
I've found the CSS code to modify the size and color of the unread post count for a category / thread (The thing that comes up "(2 NEW)" when there's new posts), but I'd like to change it so it's not all Capital Letters.

I'd hoped this was set by CSS to be all capitals, but it doesn't seem to be that way - where can I change the wording used for this feature?

I'd like to request that the case of the wording be set by CSS in the future, and not hard-coded, if possible. ;)

Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by CheechDogg
go to your language files inside the directory : language/en-GB/en-GB.com_kunena.ini

Open it up with notepadd++ and find the following:

COM_KUNENA_A_GEN_NEWCHAR="NEW" and change it to lower caps. That's all.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Yes, that's one way (CheechDogg beat me by a couple of minutes with that answer) and that way you can use New instead of NEW ... or anything else, for that matter.

Alternatively, if you want the whole word in lowercase you can add the following lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena .knewchar { text-transform: lowercase; }

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by CheechDogg
Sweet! So any changes to our joomla template take precedence over the kunena template's css?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
That's exactly correct. In another topic where you asked this question, CheechDogg, I pointed you to a topic that deals better with understanding how Joomla templates are executed. This helps to explain the reason why we've consistently advised people not to change any files installed by the Kunena intallation process. It also explains why we receive so many questions along the lines of "Why does My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by CheechDogg
Yes Sir, I understand why you guys advise to do it this way. I wish I had come across this advice before I made the changes lol...I should of looked for it myself actually. Once again thanks for the help.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds