Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How do I change tab colours in template?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by JeffP
I have created my own copy of the example template and made that the default.

I turned on debug mode so it will use the clear text css file.

I then used the template manager to edit some colours and they changed a few things but not the tab colours.

I then edited the kuena.forum.css file and changed all instances of the active tab but they have not changed.

At this stage I am out of ideas. All help appreciated.

Sorry, using latest version of Kunena 1.7.1 but site is not live yet.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by JeffP. Reason: Missed version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled

JeffP wrote: I have created my own copy of the example template and made that the default.

Unless you know exactly what you are doing, that's not a good idea. If you search the forum for "example template" you will find out why. Using the example template requires a lot more skill than simply copying the files into a new folder. You need to read How to create a template for Kunena to understand what I mean.

Maybe your issues would be easiest resolved by using the Blue Eagle template, using the Kunena Template Manager GUI to tweak a few settings and follow the advice given in How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? Something for you to consider.

I'm not saying that what you want to do is going about it the way that you are. I am, however, suggesting that maybe you're overcomplicating the solution.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by JeffP
Hi Sozzled

You are right in that I think it is the long way around, but I can't get the method you suggested to work fully either.

When I used the Blue Eagle template and set it to blend with the Joomla template nothing happened. I expected some colours to change but they didn't, not even links.

I then set the colours as you suggest, and that works fine, but there are still colours like links and topic titles that don't change and so I suppose I have to delve into the CSS to make these change.

Then there are the button sets that don't really match, other than gery or black, that I am not sure how to change.

So it all gets a bit involved.

Is there some other documentation somewhere that deals with these other issues?

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
There are quite a few settings in the Blue Eagle template. Some of those settings affect the menu tab colours. If you use the "blend" option, you are, in effect, saying "I want my current Joomla site template CSS to override everything." That's not literally true, but it's a good way to think about it.

Everyone wants documentation. Unfortunately there are only one or two pairs of hands who have the time, the skill, the motivation and the knowledge to write the documentation. If we had more members of the community prepared to help write the documentation then we'd have fewer complaints about the lack of key documentation. How to create a Kunena template is one of those areas that has been sorely lacking in adequate documentation for a long time. The best document that I can refer you to is My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .
The following user(s) said Thank You: JeffP

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by JeffP
I had already read that info, and more, and didn't think what I was trying to do was that complex, initially. Just change a few colours, no functional changes.

My Joomla template is Beez-20, the one shipped with Joomla. It also has no real changes other than colours as well.

But I don't have any functional problems with Kunena and it all seems to work fine.

I only want to change a few colours, which is what I expect most people want to do so it fits with their main site theme.

I am not complaining, and do appreciate the work of everyone involved. I am just trying to get some help on the best way to change these colours and don't expect anybody to do anything they don't want to. Just thought someone may be able to help.

Seems like I need to modfiy the CSS which is what I did with the other template but it didn't seem to work fully.

Anyway, as there seems to be no other documentation, I suppose I will simply perservere as I am happy with Kunena - I just want it to look like it belongs on the site.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
I'm sorry that we haven't been able to help as best as you would have liked. The Kunena Blue Eagle template (with no modifications to it) works quite well with the Beez20 Joomla template. We strongly recommend that you don't modify the original Kunena CSS files. These things are over-written whenever you perform an upgrade, anyway. For simple changes - that won't be over-written by Kunena software upgrades - I suggest you read How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? Maybe there's some help in that.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds