Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Category Text Color on default template

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by Rooster
I have been working on changing the color scheme much more dramatically than when the backend templete manager allows. I have been using firebug to try and pinpoint necessary colors, such as the Category background color.. But all that appears in firebug for the text field is this:
Code:
<h2> <span> <a rel="follow" title="" href="/CMS/index.php/forum/index/1-main-forum">Main Forum</a>
Maybe it's the wrong area, it's all that seems to be coming up though in firebug.. I don't know what to do with that information.. Doesn't seem to be pointing to a file/css/field that I can readily search for and set a font text color to!

Help?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Rooster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Using Firebug isn't always the easiest thing to do but there's a little bit of help in the Wiki article Firebug .

What you should do look at the container for the <a rel=follow ...> HTML tag. You will find that the container for the category description is <div class="kheader"> and the style for that container is
Code:
#Kunena div.kblock > div.kheader, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #5388B4 !important; }
Therefore, if you want to change this blue colour to green, for example, you would add the following lines to your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena div.kblock > div.kheader, #Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 green !important; }
I hope that helps
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by Rooster
Really appreciate it - I'll give it a try and see what happens :)

One q for ya though about this - I did possibly you mention similar reply for another similar topic (it wasn't category text, but it was a text of some type). Why does that have to be done in the actual Joomla Template, and not in the Kunena's template? Is there a way to keep it exclusive to the Kunena template so that Joomla template use/selection has no effect on Kunena? (In other words so it doesn't matter what Joomla template is being run, or if I share a future template for Kunena without having to explain 'complicated' additional stuff that would have to be done). Just curious why it is the way it is.. :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by Rooster
Bah - I must've not gotten it nailed down.. I don't think it shows text color anywhere (in firebug at least). I made that change, but it changed the category header backgrounds (for all) to green, not the text (text is still a dark blue/gray) color. Any idea on the character text?

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled

Rooster wrote: I made that change, but it changed the category header backgrounds (for all) to green ...

Sorry, I thought that's what you wanted to do. My mistake.

You need to change the color attribute of the Kunena [HTML] <A> tag style. Can you do without any further help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rooster

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by Rooster
I hate to keep pestering, but I'd be telling a lie if I said 'yes'. That said, I will know after instructed, and suspect it might be quite beneficial down the road to altering other things :) Tnx for the time, really appreciate it!

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by Rooster

sozzled wrote:

Rooster wrote: I made that change, but it changed the category header backgrounds (for all) to green ...

Sorry, I thought that's what you wanted to do. My mistake.

You need to change the color attribute of the Kunena [HTML] <A> tag style. Can you do without any further help?

Need help :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
The answer may depend on what you've got for your Joomla site template: see My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . What's the URL of your forum? What colour do you want to make the <A ...> font colour?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #9 by Rooster
The forums area located at www.swgmemories.com/CMS/index.php/forum/index

You'll note the dark blue'ish category backgrounds with some dark'ish text, maybe a gray or browish color. I would like to make that #00dda1. You do need to log in to see the forums - I'll send you a PM with that info. Thanks again!

Also wondering if this bit of edited code will make the Profile header area the correct color or if I need to edit/create more code for that?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by Rooster.

More
12 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
I don't know if this is what you want to do, but add the following three lines to the end of the file ../templates/beez_20/css/general.css:
Code:
#Kunena h2, div.ktitle-desc { color: #00dda1 !important; }

This message contains confidential information

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds