Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Re: Restoring Kunena Menu SOLVED

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #1 by DJ
I'm perplexed here; I am a novice and am very confused. Went to FAQ and found this:

How do I restore my Kunena menu?[2]

The Kunena menu is a set of tabs that appears across the top of the forum pages. In some cases, this menu does not appear for a variety of causes.

A simple remedy for the problem is to use the trash-burn-build technique:

Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum
Ensure that you do not have a folder named /forum on your site.
Empty the menu trash.
Use the Create Menu feature in the Kunena control panel to restore your Kunena menu.
Make sure that you publish a link in your menu that calls the Kunena forum. Use the Alias Menu type to define that link (see Customised menus for more information)
Ensure that you have published a menu module for the kunenamenu template position.

I do not understand where we are publishing a link; I could find not alias menu type. I followed the link to Customised menus, but directions called for a menu type "alias" and there is none listed for Joomla 1.7.

Here is my configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : js_vintage_001 | author: Casey Lee | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 12/20/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by DJ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Restoring Kunena Menu
Hello,

Look in Joomla! menu manager, you have alias for each menu items. For each menu item, the alias need to be unique

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3 by DJ
Replied by DJ on topic Re: Restoring Kunena Menu
I just checked again and they do all appear to have different alias. I'm one step closer to getting this working--last problem is to get the Kunena Menu to appear. I followed the directions in wiki, but now I cannot seem to get it to show. I have the Kunena module appearing but no subcategories to be able to click to access the forum? I'm attaching 2 screen shots in the event they help. I suspect it is something simple that I am just overlooking.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by DJ.

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by DJ
Replied by DJ on topic Re: Restoring Kunena Menu SOLVED
I'm not sure what I did but believe it had to do with linking. Whatever it was, I now have it working. This matter is SOLVED.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds