Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Discuss this link spaced out to far?

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by ExPresident
I'm having an issue with the way the 'Discuss this article in the forums' link is displayed on my site and am not sure how to fix the issue. On the main page of my site is the obvious first example, also translates to any other section that is using the blog category. The problem is the that if I have a couple of intro articles posted that the link from appears over the top of the title to the second article, you can view this here:

www.joinbs.com

Anyway to correct this and make the link only show up in the article itself? I've tried putting "do nothing" in the plugin settings for front page options and it did not work.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Would you like to post your K 1.6 configuration report and indicate, on a screenshot, an example that demonstrates the issue that you are discussing. I cannot see the specific problem. thanks.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #3 by ExPresident
Yup, anything that can help:

Report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Joomla default template details : rt_dominion_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: June 14, 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

In the attached picture the left side has two posted articles on the main page of www.joinbs.com . You can see where the Discuss link is showing over the top of the second article and then well below the second article itself.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.6 configuration report in message

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm sorry. I can't read what's in that picture. Can you show me a close-up, please, highlighting the problem?

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #5 by ExPresident
Not exactly sure how to get the close-up shot for you, can you open it in like paint.net program and zoom in to see it? In the attached photo I've put a yellow box around the issues I'm referring to if it helps. You can also see it by visiting our site, www.joinbs.com . I've changed the plug-in settings so that it shows up for guests now as well.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by ExPresident.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you. No wonder I did not see the issue before.

It's your site template. You have the following rules in place:
Code:
.bodylevel-high .module-full .module-surround, .bodylevel-med .high .module-full .module-surround, .bodylevel-low .high .module-full .module-surround { margin: -15px; } .component-content .rt-article { margin-bottom: 35px; }

Remove those things and it everything should look all right.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by ExPresident
Remove all of that or just certain sections? And thank you so much for the help I look forward to having this fixed! :woohoo:

More
12 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Remove the bits that deal with the margin settings ... or comment them out; the choice is yours. As I my last reply shows, this has nothing to do with Kunena when I know that you can fix the issue by modifying your Joomla (i.e. Rockettheme) template CSS. It should take you about 2 minutes to do this.

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by ExPresident
Yeah I get that now, I'm a bit of a newb with this stuff, albeit learning slowly. I really do appreciate the help tho :)

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds