Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Copying templates

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by Kymmy
Copying templates was created by Kymmy
Apologies if this has been asked before but on a very slow laptop with a very small screen for the week so hard to thoroughly search.

Is there a simple way of copying a template? Just that I've done some simple bugfix changes to Blue Eagle which keep getting overwritten every time I update Kunena. So a simple copy to a new template name would be great :)

ThanX in advance for any answers
Kymmy :kiss:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Kymmy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Copying templates
The general answer to the general question about how to create your own custom template (because any changes you make to the default Blue Eagle template will be overwritten every time you upgrade K 1.6.x) is to read How to create a template for Kunena . I understand and accept any criticisms that people may make about this article; it's not easy to follow and it assumes more than a novice level of skill in handling some fairly complex issues, but this is the answer nonetheless.

Given the fact that there are a members of this community who have developed (and shared) their own Kunena template designs - some of those people have created businesses from this activity - they have based their knownledge on this article. So it's not an impossible feat.

While copying the files from the default folder to another folder in the ../components/com_kunena/templates folder tree is achievable, you also need to ensure that this new template is properly installed using the Kunena Template manager and, for that, you need to modify the .xml file associated with your own design. I recommend caution, however, because the new version of Kunena (2.0) will change the way that templates are designed in the future and the changes you make today may be short-lived (perhaps only a few months or so) until you're ready to upgrade.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kymmy

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re: Copying templates
So Kunena 2 is soon forthcoming ;) I might then just put up with making the changes for each 1.6 version then.

ThanX for the usual detailed answer Sozzled :kiss:

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds