Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena won't recognize multiple templates on my server...

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by spiel2001
In short, I have a single Joomla 1.6 install with multiple sites using different Joomla templates based on content and menu. A "default" template for the main site. The site template to be used is defined by the menu option that led you to the content/function.

The problem I am having, and it may just be fatigue, but no matter what I do, it seems that Kunena is using the default site template regardless of the menu setting -- mind you, I'm talking about the main template for the site, not the template for the forum itself. Sad thing is, the default site (and thus default template) is the only one that doesn't use forums ~smile~

Can anyone tell me how to configure Kunena to use anything other than the default Joomla template? I really need it to use the template for the menu item that led to it (as does everything else in Joomla 1.6)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
There is nothing in Kunena to configure. You have to configure Joomla to use a different template for your Kunena-related menu items.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by spiel2001
I did... but it is still loading the default template when that menu item is selected, even though a different template is specified in the menu item configuration.

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Remember that you have possibly 6 or more different menu items, too, each of the menu tabs at the top of the page. Did you include those things in your template assignment?
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiel2001

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by spiel2001
Bingo!

Score yourself 2 bonus points in the lightning round. I completely missed that little detail.

Thanks for enlightening me.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by koromilujoa
I am also using multiple(two) joomla templates on my server, one is for the public (default joomla template), and the other is for the registered users.

I created a few kunena categories, some of which are only for the registered users.
I made a joomla menu for the registered users, and created new menu item to kunena forum in it, and created a menu module for it.

It is only visible when the registered logs in.

I set-up the item to use the template for the registered.
By doing so, I aimed to notice the registered user that he is now logged in.

But it doesn't work - Joomla always uses the default joomla template, even though the clicked menu item is combined to the template for the registered.

Watching the url boxes of the browser, I found that the itemid of the menu item is replaced with that of the another kunena menu item which is for the public user.
The breadcramb is also wrong because of it.

In short, I am using two kunena menu of the same kind of kunenamenu to change template by user's access level.

Is my doing correct course? or can anyone suggest me the better one?

Thank you in advance.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds