Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Changing colors of my Kunena forum

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by Bastard
Hey all,

Just started with Kunena, and googled some things for it, I think I quite understand the basics now..
BUT.. i want the colors of my forum to match my Joomla site.

I noticed I could set some basic colors at the option field at Template Manager > Blue Eagle (default), and then changing some colors like header background.

Altho not all of those colors work as I want, I still have some very strange colors in my forum left, like the light grey on the back of my threads which I want to make dark grey and the black fonts which i want to make white.

I searched and tought I should edit some css files, which I can also do from the control panel at "edit css".

Only.. the css files are very big, I dont know where to start and where the basic colors are named in.
I photoshop-checked the exact color code of the light grey which i want to replace with dark grey but coudn't find this color code anywhere on any of the css styles which I could edit.

How is this possible and how should I change the colors of my Kuneka layout easily?!

My Kuneka forum: www.wheelblog.nl/index.php/forum/index
My website: www.wheelblog.nl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
We have a whole category devoted to "how to change the colours of my Kunena forum" and I have moved your question to that category.

Simple changes are easy: Go to Kunena Template Manager, make sure that Blue Eagle the default template (it probably is). Change the template colours using the built-in options.

For more complicated changes, you need to know a little bit about CSS and use a tool like Firebug (or something similar).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bastard

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by Bastard
Okay my bad.

Then again.. as I readed many posts in these forums now.. I notice many Kunena users have problems with only filling in the 5 or 6 predefined colorcodes in the Kunena template manager.

I don´t understand the editing of the CSS styles.. since also on Firebug it won´t show me the red hyperlink hovers for example.. where the hell do they come from?!

I don´t understand one bit of the templates in Kunena. Is there any handy tutorial except for the Firebug one?

It's not that i'm entirely dumb into HTML or CSS.. but I just don't understand which CSS style sheet to take to make the major changes in my layout. Firebug is not my thing, as said before.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled

Bastard wrote: I notice many Kunena users have problems with only filling in the 5 or 6 predefined colorcodes in the Kunena template manager.

Can you give me a few examples of where people cannot do this? It's easy. I think you are being too hard on other people.

Bastard wrote: I don´t understand the editing of the CSS styles ...

Perhaps you should employ someone to do the job for you?

Bastard wrote: I don´t understand one bit of the templates in Kunena. Is there any handy tutorial except for the Firebug one?

There are tutorials but they assume that you are already familiar with CSS and they're not for novices. Start with How to create a template for Kunena and K 1.6 Template and work your way through to Minified CSS . I don't think that you will find it enjoyable reading ... but the information is all there!

Bastard wrote: It's not that i'm entirely dumb into HTML or CSS.. but I just don't understand which CSS style sheet to take to make the major changes in my layout. Firebug is not my thing, as said before.

If Firebug is not your thing then I must ask you, what is your web-design tool of preference? We cannot teach you CSS overnight; even if you bought a good book on CSS it takes a while to study it. If you have the patience, then you can do anything. When you're under pressure to complete your web project, however, maybe it's time to call in the experts ... or use an off-the-shelf solution that roughly suits your purposes.

I looked at your website. There's nothing basically wrong with your forum except a few colours need to be changed ... or you could change your site template. You asked a general question "ow should I change the colors of my Kuneka layout easily" and I gave you a very general answer.

For your more specific questions, write a list of the text colours that need to be changed and we may be able to show you what you need to change. I'll give you the solution to the category link colour issue now:

Add the following lines to the end of your site template file (../templates/templatewheelblog/css/template.css)
Code:
#Kunena div.kthead-title a { color: black; } #Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active { color: black; } #Kunena a:hover, #Kunena div.kthead-title a:hover { color: red; }
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bastard, HowAboutPrague, Jalio

More
12 years 10 months ago #5 by 9themestore
Hi,

You open the kunena.default-min.css file in the default template and add the following code section:
Code:
body #Kunena .kheader span, body #Kunena .kheader a { color: #ccc !important;}

and
Code:
body #Kunena .kheader a:hover { color: #fff !important;}

I hope it work. :)

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Discovered that the above account (9themestore) was being used for advertising. Consequently, all posts from this account have removed, except for the ones in this topic (whether they were helpful or not).

To 9themestore: Please do not repeat the same message in several topics. You have made your point here and let's leave it at that.

We do not recommend directly changing the file kunena.default-min.css file in the default template because this file is (a) Minified CSS and (b) it is replaced when you upgrade Kunena. It is better for people to add their own CSS directives to the Joomla site template or develop their own Kunena template. The information about these techniques is mentioned in msg #4 above.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #7 by 9themestore
Hi man,

If you don't recommend change the kunena.default-min.css file. I think your team should more all color to the kunena.skinner.css. Because when we make the template for Kunena, we must to change the kunena.default-min.css file.

You can view the my template for Kunena 1.6.x: *** link removed by moderator ***

Thanks.

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Removed advertising link

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
*** Off-topic ***

9themestore: We encourage members of the community to share their work but we ask that announcements about user-written templates should be placed in the appropriate category for such matters. The appropriate category, in your case, is User-written templates . You may also apply to have your work listed in the KED .

I hope this helps you in future. :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #9 by Bastard
Both of you a big thanks up. I will look into the colors a bit later tonight or tomorrow. As I gotta work now soon. For sozzled.. really.. take no offense for me.. it's just hard for me to swallow I can't change the colors easily haha. The forum rocks tho, so I will do everything in my power to change the colors, even if this must be done bit by bit.

Thanks for now and I will post it here if i got new problems.

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by sozzled

Bastard wrote: .. take no offense for me.. it's just hard for me to swallow I can't change the colors easily

No offence taken. Changing colours (or any other attribute) is nor more difficult for Kunena and any other aspect of Joomla ... or webcraft, generally-speaking. If you can change these things in your Joomla site template, then you should be able to change these things in Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds