Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Important template messing up my forum

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by werner

Hi Peeps.

I got a new template and am continuing building my website. I have been working on it for quite some time and will only launch in 6 months. My template is quite good with automatically creating buttons like read more ect. Unfortunately it is messing up the forum section on my page. Where ever there is buttons on the forum it looks like the image attached. Any advice on this?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 24M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : dominator | author: MightyTemplate | version: 1.2 | creationdate: March 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
We cannot access your site/forum. The only advice we can suggest in this case is to use a web developers tool like Firebug for Firefox to analyse what is causing the CSS rule conflict. Good luck.

Off-topic: it would be a good idea to implement Joomla SEO and to upgrade to J! 1.5.23.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by werner
Thank you for responding.

I do not have the tool and won’t understand what I see as I am new to joomla and web design.

I created a temp login for you to see the site.
Please have a look if you get some time.

Username: adonai
Password: hillsong

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
One of the first lessons in good web design is to keep things simple. I can't find (on your website) where to login. So if you can't help us to find out what's going on with your site you may want to try using a simpler site template that doesn't cause the issues that you are having.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by werner
Thank you for the encouragement. I am new to joomla and design so for what I have done so far I am quite proud of myself.
I am a bit surprised by the response as on top of each page there is a login form as shown in the pic attached. I have tested this on Mac, IE, Chrome and fire fox. So I do not know why you cannot see it. Buy I will obviously have to look into that. No idea where I will start but hey, at the moment I need my forum sorted.
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6 by werner
also you dont need to login to see the forum, yet when you do ligin and have more options it gives me the problem i need to solve
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by werner .

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Add the following lines to your Joomla site template:

#Kunena td, #Kunena table, #Kunena th, #Kunena div, #Kunena p, #Kunena span {
background: none;
}

I must have not seen the login form at the very top of the webpage. No, that was not an intuitive place for me to look. If I were in your situation, I would move the login forum lower where it is more likely to be seen (and used)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by werner
i still have no joy with this.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds