Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Birthday icon, hide year

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by roydepp
Hi,

I would like to know if any1 have an idea and can explain if the Birthday can be trimmed to show birth date and month only, omitting the year, as in "Birthday: DD/MM" while hovering the birthday icon.

Any help will be appreciated.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by roydepp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by roydepp
Replied by roydepp on topic Birthday icon, hide year
configuration settings added to op.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
I think you should be able to change the date format by editing the language string - see Where is the language file? - although I haven't looked, myself.

I notice from your configuration report that you are running legacy mode on your site! Why is that? Please read important information about legacy mode and do something about it.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by roydepp
Thanks for replying.

I've looked into the language files, but it seems none of them is doing the actual formatting of the date, so I cannot change it to hide the year. If you have any other pointers I'll be happy to know. Kunena is actually using the birthday field from CB, but ignores this fields restrictions in CB (such as hiding the year).

I'm using Legacy because a few modules still requires it, hopefully they'll be updated soon. Thanks for the link.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by helmchen

sozzled wrote: I think you should be able to change the date format by editing the language string

There is nothing in the language string. I would also hide the year of birth from the hole kunea.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks, helmchen. I hadn't looked myself and my suggestion was a guess - the language files should have been the logical places to look.

The biggest problem in this topic is not about masking the year. The biggest problem is about getting rid of "legacy mode"! :)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #7 by ubarose
In Community Builder a user can set their profile to show only their birth month and day, but hide the year. This is done by choosing 'no' for the Show Age/BirthYear field. However, in Kuenena forum the birthday icon still displays the birth year when the user has set Show Age/BirthYear to 'no'. Is there a way to either add code to Kunena to recognize that the Show Age/BirthYear setting, and display the birth year or not according to these settings. Or, if that is not possible, to set the birthday icon to just show the birth month and year for all users.

Thank you.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 7M

Joomla default template details : rt_paradox_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: December 8, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.3)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by ubarose.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by ubarose
Also, forgot to say, hiding the birth year functioned correctly in Kunena version 1.5.9.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds