Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Problem with post menu--report to moderator covers up quote button

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by Blogmudgeon
Title pretty much says it all. The report tag overlays the quote. Screenshot attached, K 1.6 stable, Rocket Theme Quantive template, everything else default.

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Blogmudgeon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by kat06
hi there,

would you have a link to your site so we can see and check the issue?

thanks,

kat :)
rockettheme
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by kat06.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by snilloconator
Kat has helped me with this and the solution can be found here.

Quote Button FIX!

snilloconator wrote: OK I have an update on this little bug... Well it's not really a Rockettheme or a Kenuna bug and it's definitely not a mootool issue. RT support helped me track it down and the culprit is a .quote reference which is found in both RT typography and kenuna.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but if your using an RT temp I hope this helps.

As for a fix I had to comment out anything with a .quote in the RT typography.css. It fixes the quote button in Kunena but disables the quote typography for the template.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by snilloconator.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by Blogmudgeon
Thanks for the input. I see that the "fix" is not really a fix at all--but a gutting out of typographic features that extend across an entire site just to bandage one very poorly implemented idea in Kunena. A perfect analogy would be in trying to kill a gnat with a shotgun...:P

As an exercise in futility, I would ask why this report feature is not a standard button on the bottom toolbar? Yes, being able to turn reporting off and on is a good feature for some--but could this not be done with a button? This approach would permanently solve the problem with any template solution. BTW, turning off reporting does not fix the problem either, as the placeholder that obscures the quote button is still present. Yuck.

I can see where not a lot of concern might exist as this seems only to affect RT templates. But those are well distributed across the net landscape--and are one of the top premium solutions out there. A well designed component should work well with all common template solutions. Or this likely is just my personal delusion...

Can someone direct me to the file and code lines that creates this problem in the first place so that I can edit it out? (position and display of the report tab) I would appreciate it. Cutting out the culprit and reporting is a better solution for me than eliminating the quote function in Joomla! article pages. In my site, this feature has been extensively deployed in promotional articles, FAQ documents, and is integral to user MyBlog entries.

Patrick

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by snilloconator
I'm pretty sure the report to moderator button is irrelevant in the cause of the overlay issue. Rather it is primarily a conflict in the typography from RT and the .quote code is the same in Kunena. So removing the report button I don't think would solve your problem. However the devs have talked about possibly clearing up the .quote issue with a unique tag in the future.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #6 by Blogmudgeon
Snilly, I am not a coder, but somehow that does not make any sense to me.

Why would any resultant property that follows when the regular quote button (remember that this is just a graphic linked to a command)cause an overlay of the button? Something is amiss here if an executable property causes an action on top of a graphic. Why then is the quote feature (and we know by disabling the typography)causing this behavior on the button--when it is supposed to act on a highlighted section of text in the editor window? Something is very wrong with this scenario.

You may be right in that the report feature has nothing to do with the quote button problem. But it does not make any rational sense that the command the quote button executes creates an opaque block over the graphic. Something has been done wrong in how this feature is implemented. I surely would like to see some resolution to this, and the existing answer is simply not an option.

There may not be an opportunity though. While I am pretty sure that Kunena is a really nice standalone program in a non-Rocket Theme template and no JomSocial environment--these are not the sort of sites I am developing. So far, I have run into too many niggling problems--XML, token and parsing errors being created, natively uncontrollable stream lengths in activity walls, this issue, disappearing top menu, inconsistencies with plugins--some things that have been known for some time and are still problematic. As such, I am already testing other solutions on another similar site that is under development.

I hope to find a solution to this. I like the looks of Kunena over Agora. Gutting core functionality out of the remainder of my site is not an option--and as my income depends on websites I cannot wait for "the future" to clean up an issue that should not still be presenting itself nearly a year down the line.

P

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by snilloconator

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
Blogmudgeon: kat06, from Rockettheme , has offered to help you. Would you like to reply to her, please?

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by Blogmudgeon
PM was sent...

73 de Patrick

Joomla! 1.5.22
JomSocial 1.8.11
Kunena 1.6.1
EasyBlog 1.1.116

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by snilloconator
Please keep me updated if Kat has a better fix. Kat helped in the original post for this problem and the fix was to comment out the .quote in the typography.css. So if there is a newer better fix please update. TY ;)

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds