Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged [Merged topic] How to add topic icons

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by adminthptngochoi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
For a small consideration ($160 per hour) I can give you more. :) I don't know how serious you were, but I can assure you that when someone mentions the likelihood of payment for service, they will have my total, undivided attention.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by rupex
is this serious?

we have to pay for features like this?

can we not just add more image files into the folder where the topic icons are stored?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Kunena is completely open source; you can extend or change it any way that you like. When we receive vague requests like "I want more", they are unlikely to be taken seriously unless there a somewhat more precise specification accompanying such open-ended requests. I had little doubt in my mind that the original request - "I want more" - was a frivolous one and I think my response has confirmed this to be the case. I was definitely not being frivolous when I wrote what I wrote.

You can add/change or extend the range of topic icons as much as you like. In what specific way would you like help to achieve whatever it is that you want to achieve? Many people do not consider it unreasonable to state, up front, the basis on which they will provide unfettered help; but, you have remember, there is a limit to how much help we are prepared to offer. I was merely setting a boundary on the extent to which I am prepared to offer "unlimited help" to anyone who requests it. I don't think that my response was an unreasonable one in these circumstances.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision, rupex

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by rupex
no it was not :) i was just unclear :) i love kunena and all the work you do ! Keep it up! im donating once it all works the way i want it :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by carlosys
Look the file icons.php in default template or active template.

components/com_kunena/template/default/icons.php

and Update the new icons in:

components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons (default or active template)

Example topic icons in icons.php file
Code:
**/ // Topic icons $topic_emoticons = array (); $topic_emoticons [0] = 'topic-default.gif'; $topic_emoticons [1] = 'topic-exclamation.png'; $topic_emoticons [2] = 'topic-question.png'; $topic_emoticons [3] = 'topic-mark.png'; $topic_emoticons [4] = 'topic-love.png'; $topic_emoticons [5] = 'topic-grin.png'; $topic_emoticons [6] = 'topic-shock.png'; $topic_emoticons [7] = 'topic-smile.png';
The following user(s) said Thank You: seafinn, dirkovision, adminthptngochoi, ChaosHead

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by adminthptngochoi

carlosys wrote: Look the file icons.php in default template or active template.

components/com_kunena/template/default/icons.php

and Update the new icons in:

components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons (default or active template)

Example topic icons in icons.php file

Code:
**/ // Topic icons $topic_emoticons = array (); $topic_emoticons [0] = 'topic-default.gif'; $topic_emoticons [1] = 'topic-exclamation.png'; $topic_emoticons [2] = 'topic-question.png'; $topic_emoticons [3] = 'topic-mark.png'; $topic_emoticons [4] = 'topic-love.png'; $topic_emoticons [5] = 'topic-grin.png'; $topic_emoticons [6] = 'topic-shock.png'; $topic_emoticons [7] = 'topic-smile.png';

this is exactly the answer that I want, thank you ;)

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by eigenheimer
How to add new topics icons or changing? I did found it for K 1.5 but not for the new release K 1.6. Hope you can help me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markxcool

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #9 by markxcool
I know how to change topic icons via a noob hack (ie. something really simple even noobs can do it). Its the same process as per K1.5.

1) Click on "New Topic"
2) Right Click on a topic icon and copy its image location URL
3) Via FTP, go to that location
4) Rename the image to something (e.g.: topic-grinORIGINAL.png)
5) Upload/copy to the same location your NEW topic icon using the original name

- its important that your new topic icon be similar in size to the original topic icons and in the same file format (and, of course, have the original name of what you renamed and are "replacing")

Repeat these steps for all the topic icons you want to change.

Be aware that since this is a hack, these manual changes might get lost in future upgrades of Kunenea.

I do not know how to create Additional topic icons to the ones that are already there. Anyone know how to do this?

Sharing and caring!
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by markxcool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eigenheimer, webdesignersuk

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic How to add new topics icons
See How to add more topic icon . Took me 20 seconds to find it using the search function.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markxcool, eigenheimer

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds