Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Search & Profile links in profilebox

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by PAUSIMS
Hi,

I thought the top menu in Kunena (Index/Recent topics/New topic/No replies...) didn't look nice with my actual template and by other hand I didn't want my users to have some features listed in that menu so I deleted it.

However, I want my users to be able to search and access their profile, so I want to put two links for those two functions under where it says "private messages" in the profilebox. I had a look and it seems this is stored in a file called logout.php, inside template/default/loginbox

I also discovered this line inside the file:
Code:
<li><a href="<?php echo CKunenaLink::GetAnnouncementURL ( 'show' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_ANN_ANNOUNCEMENTS'); ?></a></li>

I suppose I have copy this line and paste it below twice, also I have to look for the search & profile strings in the language file... but what I don't know is how to replace the CKunenaLink::GetAnnouncementURL for the search and profile links.

I don't know anything about PHP so please it would be awesome if someone can say me which code do I have to insert there in order to get those two links.

Thanks! :laugh:

Pau

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by PAUSIMS
Nobody can't answer my question avobe? :(

[strike]In addition I'm having another conflict with the h2 headings[/strike]

Edit: I was able to solve the conflict with my template provider :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by PAUSIMS.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #3 by fxstein
Hi,

If you are not familiar with php and want to be able to upgrade to newer releases I recommend a different approach than modifying the default template:

The top navigation you have deleted is just a regular Joomla menu. As such you have full control over where to place it, how to style it and what entries to show there.

All of that does not require a line of php code and will keep your install clean from hacks and easy to upgrade.

Depending on your Joomla template I recommend you test a couple various of menu modules and styles, possibly move it into the kunena_profilebox position (where we are currently showing the Joomla Day ad).

With your site css you can style a menu to look exactly like the links in the logout box.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by PAUSIMS
That's great Fxstain, thanks for your answer! I was used to the 1.5 method and I did know that there was some kind of improvement in the menu managment but I didn't realize that it was so easy.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds