Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Css file

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by dovanmanh080485
Css file was created by dovanmanh080485
hi. i'm newbie. i try to find css file in Kunena 1.6. who can talk me where's it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Css file
for default template its here: ( do not edit this css file or you change will be lost on updates )

com_kunena/templates/default/css

for example template its here: ( do not edit this css file or you change will be lost on updates )

com_kunena/templates/example/css

copy the example templates complete directory or rename it and then edit the css in your new or renamed templates css directory :)

no matter what you must edit these to files in your new template directory.

template.xml = enter the details for your template

kunena.forum.css = make your changes to ths file

kunena.froum-min.css = make a new version of this file from your edited kunena.forum.css file or changes will not appear on your site, to do this you can use online programs like: refresh-sf.com/yui/

once finish you can set your site to your new template using KUNENA'S template manager
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Cerberus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mizunga, dovanmanh080485

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by dovanmanh080485
Replied by dovanmanh080485 on topic Re: Css file
hi. i download kunena.forum.css ('example/css') i changed some css. i changed name to kunena.forum-min.css . i do right way. do i?

i can't change everything on "example/css" file's name, saving, permission, uploading..... on my host. i don't know what happen. help me please!

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Css file

dovanmanh080485 wrote: hi. i download kunena.forum.css ('example/css') i changed some css. i changed name to kunena.forum-min.css . i do right way. do i?

Sorry, no, that's not what you do. Until we write a Wiki article for this subject, I've put together a few notes for you and others in your situation. (Apologies for the way that it's organised - we'll get it better in future)

We do not encourage you to modify the Blue Eagle (default) template in situ. That is, we do not encourage users to modify this template or its files where they are. The reason we discourage this is because, when new versions of K 1.6 are released, any future upgrades you install will over-write whatever changes you have made. Therefore,

You should not change the Blue Eagle template on a live website. You should make your own template if you want to customise the default template.

If you are not making changes for a real, live website, you can experiment to your heart's content. You can change whatever you like.

The file kunena.forum.css can be changed, but it has no effect unless you are running with Kunena debug mode enabled. If you are not running with the Kunena debug mode enabled, Kunena will use the file kunena.forum-min.css; this file is not merely a renamed copy of kunena.forum.css; it's actually a "minified" file.

To produce a minified CSS file, you need to use another tool - see Template issues under alpha2 . As I said earlier, we really need to have a simple, easy-to-follow guide about all of this but we haven't written one yet.

That takes care of changing your site template, by modifying the Kunena Blue Eagle template but, as I mentioned earlier, it's not very useful in the long run. To keep prevent your changes being lost when you upgrade from one version of Kunena to another, you really need to build and install your own template. That's a different question and it really requires a much more detailed answer than the general principles I've written about above.

I hope some of this helps.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dovanmanh080485

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds