Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Configure the tabs

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Linuus
Configure the tabs was created by Linuus
Hi!

How do I configure the tabs at the top of the forum? I had no tabs after the upgrade and I clicked "Create menu" and I got some tabs that are the same as my menus sub-items.

Can I somehow decide which tabs to show or not?

EDIT:
OK so I found the kunena menu and the module published in the kunena_menu position. However it doesn't show what's in the Kunena Menu but the sub items to my kunena link that's in my main menu.

Any solution?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Linuus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic Re: Configure the tabs

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled | htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 9000 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-BETA1 | Build: 3068 | Version name: | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: Configure the tabs
Hi, here are doc about kunena menu docs.kunena.com/index.php/Creating_customized_menus

check if you have done all as explained.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic Re: Configure the tabs
Thank you. I got the tabs working now.

I have another problem though.

! changed the menu item in my main menu to Alias and choose Kunena Menu >> Forum in the Parameters. It now highlights the tab correctly. However it doesn't highlight the menu item in my main menu.
Is it possible to achieve this as well? It helps the users to know where they are.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Configure the tabs
If you're using Joomla module (mod_mainmenu) to show menus, it should work as expected. Some external menu modules have bug when showing the menu alias.

Just check that alias (sef name) for the main menu alias is the same as the first entry in Kunena Menu.

If it does not help, you can always try this:

Just build the same menu (Kunena Menu) directly into your main menu. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by MindTooth
Replied by MindTooth on topic Re: Configure the tabs
I'm totally unable to make the menu get the highlight, while other menus doesn't have the similar problem.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Configure the tabs
mindtooth read @quillas post above he gave a link that will help you.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds