Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Can you help me? Joomla/Kunena conversion

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by jacksmith007
I looked through the import manual, couldn't find anything on the list for Kunena which is a Joomla add on that uses Joomla;'s databases I believe (getting a straight answer from either party is like pulling teeth really so not sure) for forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
I didn't understand your question, but let's try...

If you are trying to upgrade existing Joomla 1.5 site to 2.5, I recommend using jUpgrade as otherwise all the category permissions will be wrong and you have to manually change those. I also recommend you to wait for Kunena 2.0 and the next version of jUpgrade, which should both be out in a few days.

Kunena uses Joomla database and prefix xxx_kunena in it. So to move Kunena to another site, you need to copy those tables. Additionally you should copy everything in /media/kunena.

But that's not enough as Kunena needs all the information from existing Joomla users and user groups. That cannot be converted from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 without using tools like jUpgrade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmith007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds