Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question own module positions

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by michalis
hi

I want to alter the kunena_profilebox a little bit (bring it to the left of the private messages link)

but I cannot find the php file that contains the code :o

yes I am stupid, but if you can help me I appreciate it

I am using kunena 1.7.2 and have nts_revista template

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic own module positions
Search for "kunena_profilebox" from the files. In your template loginbox/login.php and logout.php are the places to look into.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by michalis
Replied by michalis on topic own module positions
checked again, no such php files come with the template

does that mean it uses the default templates ones?

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic own module positions
From the sounds of things, you may not be using a supported version of Kunena. Have you modified any of the originally-installed Kunena files?

My general responses are:
  • If this is a question about how to tailor the Blue Eagle template to suit a particular requirement, then it belongs in the K 1.7 Templates and Design category. As far as the standard module positions included with the Blue Eagle template are concerned, please read Module Positions in the Wiki
  • If this is genuinely a support matter - a question about something wrong with a typical installation of Kunena or, in other words, something that's within the posting guide (printed at the top of this page) - then it's a very good idea to explain how you think Kunena may be defective and to provide us with information we can use to help you. This is explained in the the posting guide that appears at the top of this page (for as long as this topic remains in the K 1.7 Support category.
Perhaps you're not using the standard Blue Eagle template and that's why you're having problems? :unsure:

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by michalis
Replied by michalis on topic own module positions
no I am using the kunena I got from this site, no modifications

I found the logout.php file as matias said, the default one from blue eagle

and I try to place the php code from docs.kunena.org/index.php/Own_Module_Positions

but when I try to load the forum it creates a 500 error

obviously I do not know where to exactly place the code in the php file

right now the module is on the far right and causes alignment issues, I want to have the module between the profile box and the uddeim link

how it is now:
Profile box:
[avatar] | hello user-private messages [module]

Profile box:
[avatar] | hello user [module] -private messages

is that possible

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic own module positions
If you are getting a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error it means that there's something wrong with the PHP code and/or a module that is not compatible with your version of Joomla.

What is the Joomla module that you want to insert in the profile box? Who designed this module?

This does not seem to be a support question. It's more a question about how you would like to customise the design of Kunena to your specific needs rather than something that is actually broken with the standard Kunena product. Is that about right?

*** Topic moved to K 1.7 Templates and Design category ***
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds