Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Kunena menu breaks into two separate lines

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by stevieb
Hi
We have just done a new install of Kunena, But the menu items go onto 2 lines although there is room for them to fit on 1

www.nalanda-monastery.eu/forum/recent

Can you advise
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon, subject for better search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Welcome stevieb!

Your modules go beyond the sidebar. They have a fixed size
"templates/theme_church0168-4/css/template.css" line 235 and 241

change in both lines width: 265px; to width: auto;
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevieb

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by Jetsfan
I have some troubles with the Main Menu of Kunena. (Index, Recent Topics, No Replies..etc)
Each time the line is wrapped at the active button into a second line. Any ideas?
www.theganggreen.de/forum/index.html

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_voxel | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: May 2, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jetsfan.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Jetsfan
tried it with several templates. everytime the same result :S

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #5 by Voice4Vision
It would be my guess that you have some modules viewable while in Kunena. You can either remove the modules...or increase your template size. These would be my only suggestion. I have seen this many times, all of it was due to modules being viewable in kunena...

Sorry I can not help you further, but every joomla template is different. And if you wish to keep the Modules in place...then you will need to adjust your joomla template.

EDIT: Just saw the link in this post...so sense I see no modules as a non-logged in user. I also do not see the two-line menu in kunena. So it simply comes down to increasing your Joomla Template size, I believe it is the header that needs to be increased.

Hope this helps,
Voice4Vision
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Voice4Vision.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, Jetsfan, and welcome to Kunena.

Typically, problems like yours are caused by a combination of two factors:

(1) How much screen width you've allowed for the display of your Joomla components - Kunena is a Joomla component - and whether there are other modules that, when displayed, reduce that width; and

(2) Whether your Joomla site template has some arbitrary rule, that affects line-breaking or padding. For example, it would be easy for me to split the Kunena menu, on this site, across two lines if I added one small change to the current definition:

===========================================

#Kunena #ktab ul {
display: inline-block;
       list-style: none outside none;
       margin: 0;
/*     Split the Kunena menu over two lines
       IMPORTANT NOTE: the following line is not something THAT people should add to their site template! */
       padding-right: 500px;
}

===========================================

In your case, Jetsfan, it's impossible to say what's going on. The menu that appears in your picture only appears for people who are registered and logged-in to your site. I do not have an account that I can use at your site so that I could use Firebug to see more.

BTW, that's a very nice design (use of colours and category icons). :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jetsfan

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by Jetsfan
Many thanks, sozzled! Tried it with different joomla templates and it works. I asked in the template forum and got help. Just had to add this to my css ...

#ktab div.moduletable ul.menu li {clear: none;}

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds