Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Template conflict when using NoNumber slider

• Pinkeltje
  • Pinkeltje's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Trying to find an answer before asking
More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Pinkeltje
Joomla 2.5.2
Kunena 1.7.2 default template

Tried everything, but can't make slider style work with Kunena forum.

Kunena gives you the option to include an article with help and forum rules. When I make a direct link from joomla menu to the article made with sliders everything looks perfect.
When viewing the same article under the help and rules tab in Kunena almost all styling is gone except for the borders.
No background colors and the link colors are those of Kunena css.

Only solution found so far is to "tell" Kunena to use default joomla template, but then Kunena styling is gone for a great part and a lot of Kunena css has to be added in joomla template css. But slider is ok then

So, it is a solution, but I am still wondering if there is an easy way to make this work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
What does the author of NoNumber! Slider have to say about your problem? :S
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by Computer Candy
This seems to be a Kunena issue. I have the same problem but I don't use NoNumber.

When I view the "Help" or "Rules" articles linked from a main menu of Joomla, they displays as they should. When I link the "Help" or "Rules" article IDs from Kunena's tab menu and view either from there, most of the css is stripped or overridden.

When looking at the elements through FireBug, it looks like Kunena has a bunch of css classes that are overriding Joomla's css.

Can anyone help?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Computer Candy.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

Computer Candy wrote: When looking at the elements through FireBug, it looks like Kunena has a bunch of css classes that are overriding Joomla's css.

Just as it is entirely possible that Kunena may override the Joomla site template CSS, it is also quite feasible to implement your own CSS rules (by adding them to the Joomla site template CSS file(s)) to display Kunena in the way that you want it to appear. There's no argument here and this has consistently been the advice that we have put forward.

For those people who understand how Joomla works and how to write CSS this is not a problem. For those people who don't then there are many options available and these are summarised in the article My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena . Among those options are to use a different Joomla site template or to ask the developer of your site template - designs that people choose (or buy) from the hundreds of Joomla template developers that exist today - "what can you do to make your template work better with Kunena?" If you are not happy with the response from the template developer then you can (a) change it if you know how to do so, (b) get the template developer to make the changes that you want or (c) pay someone else to make the changes that you want.

As we've written in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena , it is not the responsibility of the Kunena project team to fix up the problems caused by the way that the hundreds of Joomla template developers have designed their products. Some of these products work well, some of them work reasonably well, and some of them are quite unsuitable if you want to use Kunena. I don't think anything more can be said in a general sense.

In specific cases, where specific problems are brought to this community for assistance, people need to understand that this is a self-help community-driven resource. We may be able to help and, I believe, in the main we normally are able to help but, in the final analysis, the ultimate choice about what it is the best way to resolve "design issues" lies in the hands of the people who have chosen specific solutions (i.e. templates) that meet there particular needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Computer Candy

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds