Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Where are the Kunena templates for 1.7?

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by PIC
I am using an expired template at www.pilotincontrol.com . I cannot seem to find ANY templates compatible with new versions of Kunena. Am I missing something or does no one make templates for Kunena anymore? Have the template makers switched to a different forum such as Agora?

I desperately need help getting a forum template that looks good and stays up to date with the current versions of Joomla and Kunena. There are a few template makers for Joomla that have great support and keep templates up to date, but not for Kunena.

Has Kunena reached a point now, where users must know how to create their own templates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by Jiminimonka
The template you are using at the website you linked is pretty much identical to Blue Eagle default Kunena template, with Blending enabled, have you tried that?

K1.7 Templates & Design has some links to 3rd party template makers that are compatible with Kunena 1.7.2, and Aphotic 1 * 2 from Snilloconator work perfectly as well.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled

PIC wrote: Has Kunena reached a point now, where users must know how to create their own templates?

Let us be quite clear about this question. There is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

Kunena is an open-source software project. We welcome interested people to join the project and to contribute in whatever ways they can. People can contribute in many ways: by developing Kunena, if they have the skills, by helping other members of the community by answering questions on the forum, by contributing to the documentation Wiki and, if people do not have these skills, by donating funds to assist in obtaining of developer resources so that other improvements can be delivered in future versions of Kunena.

There always has been only one working template, developed by the project, for K 1.7: this is the Blue Eagle template. The Blue Eagle template can be adapted in many ways, to suit different environments, if you have the skill and know-how. Other members of the community have designed their own templates and some people have even shared what they have built with the rest of the community. But the truth of the matter is, and has always been, we haven't suddenly reached the point where users must know how to build their own templates. The truth of the matter is that the project team has built and support one template - the Blue Eagle template - which may or may not suit everyone.

I have looked at the website www.pilotincontrol.com . It would not be impossible, even for me, to modify the Blue Eagle template to work in that environment (it would probably take me a couple of days - if I had a couple of days to spare to work on this) as I am sure it would probably take only a small amount of time for any professional web designer to develop something to suit this website. However, if PIC would like to contact me directly, by PM, we'll see what we can work out. Does that sound reasonable?
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds