Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Trying to change the color of headers in css files but changes have no effect

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by jcollins1911
tried to replace Dark blue color: #5388B4 RGB:83/136/180 with 14c814(a lime green).

Am using Ultra-Edit on a copy of Blue Eagle to change to a green theme.

I did a replace in files for all css files in this theme but the headers still appear in blue and so do the top tabs.

I managed to change the header and tab colors by using the Kunena Template Manager and specifying the header colors with the boxes to the right.

Where the hell are these colors specified if not in any css file in the CSS directory?

Yea I cleared my browser cache and even tried several browsers that I have loaded...all showed no changes but showed them at once when I specified new colors in Template Manager

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Background information on this topic: [hr]G'day, jcollins1911, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question is not new. We have received this kind of question many times before.

The answer to your question depends largely on which file(s) you are trying to change. Our recommendation is to only modify your Joomla site template CSS file and add specific CSS rules for Kunena at the end of that file. While it is certainly possible to modify the Kunena CSS template files, it's not recommended practice to do this.

You can make some changes if you use a Kunena template, like the default Blue Eagle template, without modifying any CSS. You can do this with the Kunena Template Manager feature. For more complex changes you will need to specifically add your own CSS rules and we recommend that you add these to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. That's the general approach in going about solving these kinds of problems and I hope this helps.

For more specific information in your particular case, if the general information I have given you here does not help, would you please provide us with details of your website (your configuration report will do that) as well as a screenshot that illustrates the particular things you want to change.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by jcollins1911
actually, I finally had success except in one case and yes, I used the template manager area where you can specify some of the main colors. But you cannot specify the color of the header text.

can you tell me the name of the variable that controls the color of the text in forum headers. mine seems to be black now and I want the text to be white.

I just made a copy of the default blue template, renamed it, and started from scratch.

but I have searched all the templates with a global search for color 000000 and do not find any variable that looks promising. I experimented several times but did not locate it.

thanks

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

jcollins1911 wrote: ... I have searched all the templates with a global search for color 000000 and do not find any variable that looks promising.

It's actually much easier than that. Use Firebug for Firefox and the information I posted in my earlier reply.

As you will have read in My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena , while it is not the purpose of this forum to remedy every conceivable problem caused by using different Joomla templates, other members of this community may be able to suggest ideas in your case if you gave us details of where your problems occur - the URL of your forum, for example.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka. Reason: typo correction

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds