Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Template broke with update

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by Teessider
Not sure if this is a bug or a deliberate change but my template changes the display of the login logout boxes. On upgrading I found it didn't work.

I discovered that in the older version the css style for the inputboxes was .inputbox_ks and in the new version it was .inputbox ks (the underscore was omitted). This was in the file com_kunena/template/{templatename}/loginbox/login.php (lines 39 and 43)

Once I put the undescore back in there, all worked as it should and the template was fixed.

Just thought I'd pass on this info in case anyone else had the same problem.

Thanks =)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Teessider.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Teassider. I'm not really sure how to respond to your question. I could say, I suppose, that Kunena has undergone many changes in the three years that it has been in existence and I'm not surprised that something that worked in one version does not work (or does not work the same way) in a later version. Even though that's the simple truth, it's probably not a detailed explanation - if that's what you're looking for - in your case.

So, to some extent, the answer depends on what you were using before the upgrade and what version you are now using.

There were several important changes made to the CSS classes in K 1.6 (which is one of the main reasons that there is an important mention of this fact in the current version release notes ) that may not work in K 1.7. We do not recommend that people try to use K 1.6 templates with K 1.7 for this reason.

Thank you for your contribution. Indeed, I hope that it helps someone else, too.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by Mike-XS

Template broke with update

Don't forget that at the top of this very forum is a topic called Template changes between different Kunena versions .

If you upgrade Kunena then it's a good idea to check what changes have been made in the latest template.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Mike-XS.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds