Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Message editor - smiley tool: images do not wrap under Internet Explorer

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by hartleyheaton
[strike]I think that the problem that I have is possibly linked / the same as mentioned in this thread.[/strike]

*** Topic split by moderator ***

I have added a number of emotions to the forum and when running Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Safari I have no problems however with IE (both 8 and 9) the emotions are not all displayed, the fall off the right hand side of the screen. But now here in lies a problem, I have users who have the same configuration eg Windows 7 and IE9 for whom it works.

At the moment my configuration is Joomla 1.5.25 and Kunena 1.6.3 (I will upgrade as soon as I have the time to do a test installation first) but I do not believe that the problem has anything to do with either Joomla or Kunena but is something to do with Windows configuration, but I don't know what.

Yesterday I made sure that Java was up to date on my system, made no difference.

Is there anything else that you can suggest that I check?

Emotions in Chrome

Emotions in IE8
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic split, subject changed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Hi,

I suggest you read thread no. 11 in this page including the link to Smiley information. Also please post your configuration report.

Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
In the first instance, many problems with K 1.6.3 and IE were resolved in later versions. Upgrading to K 1.7.2 should be the first course of action and not something to put off until another day.

Jiminimonka: No, this situation is completely different. The problem is that the two cases are nothing alike even though the topic subject "emoticon problems" suggests that we only have one topic to discuss any problem to do with smileys! :ohmy:

In this case, the problem is caused by the Joomla site template CSS which does not have adequate provisions for handling element wrapping for Internet Explorer. This is a Template and Design issue, not a case where someone used the wrong approach to define smiley BBcode.

On a personal note, diagnosing problems that occur in one browser but don't occur in another, is tricky. It's even trickier with Internet Explorer because IE's design tools are horrible, and clunky. It's virtually impossible, however, for anyone else (including me) to assist in this particular case because you need to be a registered user, logged in to the site, in the process of composing a message, in order to see the smileys.

I am splitting this topic from the original one because it is completely different.

hartleyheaton: Perhaps, if we had a test account at your website, someone may be able to see what's happening. Alternatively, I suggest you read My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena. . If you know your way around IE's developer tools, this should be fairly straightforward to fix.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds