Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Giving forums their own page?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by christiand739
I know this might seem like a dumb question,but I'm fairly new to the kunena community.
When I installed kunena and got the entry page set up I press on the entry page and it brings
up the forums but very condensed I guess you can say. In other words it is in the middle of the page with the website template surrounding it,I hope I'm being clear enough I will attach an image to show what I mean.

Basically I would like to have a dedicated page such as how these forums are set up if that makes sense.

Thanks ahead of time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by christiand739.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, christiand739, and welcome to Kunena.

There are no dumb questions but there are plenty of dumb answers. I will try to give you a helpful and intelligent answer.

I think this is more a question about layout and design. If you have Kunena compressed in a narrow area of space, this is because of the limitations of the Joomla site template that you have chosen. You may find this article helpful: My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena . I hope there is some information there to assist you. :)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: christiand739

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by christiand739
Hello and thank you for the reply.
I have gone through the information in that link and it seems to only tell me I have to pick between the template and kunena, unfortunately I'm in love with both, ha!
But on a serious note if anyone can help direct me to where I would be able to edit the template to set the right parameters that would be great,still new to joomla and I'm currently taking a class in it but we haven't gotten to that section yet

I appreciate the help though.

Oh and on a side note the template I'm using is JaxStorm by Hurricane Media,hope that helps.

Thanks for the support guys!
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by christiand739.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by christiand739
Oh and my website that the forums are running on is www.getyousome.net . I haven't set permissions to view so it should be view-able by all.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled

christiand739 wrote: I have gone through the information in that link and it seems to only tell me I have to pick between the template and kunena, unfortunately I'm in love with both, ha!

Therefore, in your case, you have to answer the question: Which comes first? The template or the forum?

I don't see anything wrong with your website (apart from my personal preference that I don't like dark-themed sites). What's wrong with it?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #6 by Jiminimonka
You could probably make the forums wider by moving some of the menus to the top instead of running them along the sides.

Also, NTS_Dark Free template is working fine in Kunena 1.7.1/2 and will fit in well with the Joomla tempate you have ( 9themestore.com/our-themes/kunena-forum/...-nts-dark-theme.html )

As for giving the forums their own page, you need to change the menu assignments for the modules you do and do not want on the forum accordingly. Look near the bottom of module settings and you will see what I mean.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Matias
Easiest way to make Kunena to look good is to disable left and right module positions whenever you're in Kunena menu items.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds