×
Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Kunena 1.7.1 forum - default text colour

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by Vanessa13
Hi everyone,

Please bear with me, as I've only recently started learning how to use Joomla and Kunena, although I do have some experience in simple .html sites.

My default site font is white, because the overall website has a dark background. I need to change the font colour of posts, in just the forum and blog sections, because the default is light grey, which is really hard to read for most users. I know that I need to edit the CSS code, but there are a few CSS sections I can edit, and I'm unable to find which one I need, and I'm almost clueless about editing the actual CSS, so I need help to know which parts to edit too.

Some information about my site/versions that I think whoever replies will need:

Joomla 1.7.3
Kunena forum 1.7.1
JomSocial 2.4.1

K2 blog info:
Web Server Microsoft-IIS/6.0
PHP version 5.2.17
MySQL version 5.1.38-community-log
GD image library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Multibyte string support Enabled

I'm using the Blue Eagle template.

Kunena CSS files available in my template manager for editing:

kunena.default-min.css
kunena.default.css
kunena.default.rtl-min.css
kunena.default.rtl.css
kunena.forum-min.css
kunena.forum.css
kunena.forum.ie7-min.css
kunena.forum.ie7.css
kunena.forum.ie7.rtl-min.css
kunena.forum.ie7.rtl.css
kunena.forum.rtl-min.css
kunena.forum.rtl.css
kunena.skinner-min.css
kunena.skinner.css
kunena.skinner.rtl-min.css
kunena.skinner.rtl.css

Thanks for the help, and please let me know if you need any further info in order to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Vanessa, and welcome to Kunena.

See the FAQ information printed at the top of this page, in particular, How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Dark-themed templates are generally more difficult to work with than light-themed templates. The Blue Eagle template (without modifications) is more suited to light-themed templates. You need to change your Joomla site template CSS file to change the colours used in Kunena. Firebug for Firefox will help you do those things.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by CheechDogg
If you can provide a link to your site and forums I can help you out a bit more.

If you want to change the color of the text of messages add this to your Joomla template.css file:

#Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext {color:#ff0000;} Replace the color with your choice.

To change the color of the text for the categories add this to your Joomla template.css file:

#Kunena tr.krow2 td {color:#ff0000;}
#Kunena tr.krow1 td {color:#ff0000;} Replace the color with your choice.

To change the color of the text for the text of the Announcements add this to your Joomla template.css file:

#Kunena div#kannouncement .kanndesc{color:#ff0000;} Replace the color with your choice.

The best way to figure out what to change is like sozzled said, use Firebug for Firefox. If you want to change say the text in a certain area, highlight the text, right click your mouse and click on "Inspect Element with Firefox".

You will then be given a screen where you can see what you need to change in the css files, it will also give you the exact directory and file where that particular element is located in.

Hope this helps you out Vannessa.

File Attachment:
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Vanessa13

sozzled wrote: G'day, Vanessa, and welcome to Kunena.

See the FAQ information printed at the top of this page, in particular, How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Dark-themed templates are generally more difficult to work with than light-themed templates. The Blue Eagle template (without modifications) is more suited to light-themed templates. You need to change your Joomla site template CSS file to change the colours used in Kunena. Firebug for Firefox will help you do those things.


Hi, and thanks for the welcome and your help.

If I change the main Joomla template (am I correct in thinking that's what you mean?), will that not make the text in my site articles black, too? The articles are on a black background to fit the site's theme, so they'd be unreadable if it made the entire site black. It seems it would be easier to just change the main template to something lighter, so the black text will be readable no matter where it is on the site. I'm contemplating that, though I have to admit I really like the current dark theme. I'm going to download Firebug now, thank you. I'll give an update here once I've downloaded, installed and tried out Firebug.

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by Vanessa13

CheechDogg wrote: If you can provide a link to your site and forums I can help you out a bit more.

If you want to change the color of the text of messages add this to your Joomla template.css file:

#Kunena div.kmsgbody div.kmsgtext {color:#ff0000;} Replace the color with your choice.

To change the color of the text for the categories add this to your Joomla template.css file:

#Kunena tr.krow2 td {color:#ff0000;}
#Kunena tr.krow1 td {color:#ff0000;} Replace the color with your choice.

To change the color of the text for the text of the Announcements add this to your Joomla template.css file:

#Kunena div#kannouncement .kanndesc{color:#ff0000;} Replace the color with your choice.

The best way to figure out what to change is like sozzled said, use Firebug for Firefox. If you want to change say the text in a certain area, highlight the text, right click your mouse and click on "Inspect Element with Firefox".

You will then be given a screen where you can see what you need to change in the css files, it will also give you the exact directory and file where that particular element is located in.

Hope this helps you out Vannessa.


Hi there. Thanks for all your help.

I'm going to download Firebug now and have a look. It sounds like the best bet for someone who doesn't know CSS very well! I'll keep you updated, thanks, just so you know how this turned out.

I'll try Firebug before asking for any further help, but in case you're curious, the site addy is www.vanessafinaughtybooks.co.za

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by CheechDogg
Hello Vanessa. Did you try the css rules I gave you?

Yes Firebug is a very good tool to have I use it every day myself. Don't hesitate to ask questions, I have offered my help and you are more than welcomed to ask me for help even if you have not tried Firebug before.

I checked your website out and if you add the css rules above to your template's css file you will be fine:

Go to the following directory using FTP:

templates/vbooks7/css/

Open up the following file using Notebook ++ and at the very end of it add the code.

template.css

Once you have done that you can then see the changes and you will be set. Let me know how this turns out.

File Attachment:
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #7 by CheechDogg

Vanessa13 wrote:
Hi, and thanks for the welcome and your help.

If I change the main Joomla template (am I correct in thinking that's what you mean?), will that not make the text in my site articles black, too?

Thanks again!


No Vanessa, you are only writing the css rules to affect the text for kunena. The rest of your site's test will be fine.

File Attachment:
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
I visited the site. I have another suggestion that may make things a little easier.

On your administration site, go to Kunena Forum » Template Manager » Blue Eagle (default) » Blend with Joomla Template = Yes

Try it and see if it makes things easier for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanessa13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by Vanessa13
Apologies for replying to everyone so late - our site was hacked and my husband was hit by an idiot driver (he's okay now). I know this is super late, but thank you all for your help and advice. My developer eventually managed to sort the problem out, with your help, and it's all okay now, except for the private messaging text, which is still a light grey that we can't seem to get rid of. Sozzled, we'll try your adivce - perhaps it will help with the PM font.

Thanks again, everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds