Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Blend with Joomla Template illegible -- Cheap Fix

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by eogen
So, I found everything except the color scheme of the default template to work for my site.

I selected 'Blend with Joomla Template' on the Edit Template page-- and that made a pretty good job of it, except the Forum Header blocks were still blue -- which just did not work with the 'Parchment' background.

So, on the same page, I set the "Forum Header Background" parameter to an appropriate background color, and that was nice, except that it also changed the foreground colors of all the links to be the background color of the Forum Headers.

Sigh.

I found the following bit of code in the 'initialize.php' file:
Code:
if ($forumHeader) { $styles .= <<<EOF #Kunena div.kblock > div.kheader,#Kunena .kblock div.kheader { background: {$forumHeader} !important; } #Kunena #ktop { border-color: {$forumHeader}; } #Kunena #ktop span.ktoggler { background: {$forumHeader}; } #Kunena #ktab a:hover, #Kunena #ktab li.Kunena-item-active a { background-color: {$forumHeader}; } #Kunena #ktab ul.menu li.active a { background-color: {$forumHeader}; } #Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {color: {$forumHeader};} #Kunena a:focus {outline: none;} #Kunena a:hover {color: #FF0000;} EOF; }

Now, that block seems to be setting the link foreground and the background color to the same thing. And its my experience -- call it personal taste, that the foreground and background colors should not be the same thing.

After copying the default template to my own name, I modified the initialize.php to remove the following lines from the above block, and this left me exactly as I wanted.
Code:
#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited,

I put this out there in the event that this helps someone else.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by eogen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds