Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Kunena Features

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by Wootah
Kunena Features was created by Wootah
Hi all,

Thanks for this amazing message board.

Here is what I would appreciate some information on.

* Template Overrides - do they work?

Actually that's the biggest question I have in terms of customising the board.

Thanks,

Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by Wootah
Replied by Wootah on topic Re: Kunena Features
Reading around it appears Kunena has it's own template system and doesn't use the Joomla ovveride system? Is that true?

What is the best guide on making my own template for Kunena?

Thank you!!

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Kunena Features
I haven't tried template overrides with K 1.7.x. If you know how they work, you can probably do it. Simple changes to colours, styles, etc., can easily be done by modifying your Joomla site template CSS to "override" whatever CSS styles are used by Kunena. See How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

Template overrides are for advanced Joomla users and are a little beyond the scope of this forum to deal with in depth.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by Wootah
I found this:
docs.kunena.org/index.php/K_1.6_Template
docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_to_create_a_template_for_Kunena

As far as I can tell this is css edditing only which is fine except I was hoping to edit the php from here as well.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by Wootah
So looking harder the default template has php code in it and the example template has none.

I copied the example template but can I copy the default template and then edit the php there as needed?

Short answer is yes. And it seems I can now do what I want in terms of editing the design of the board.

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by Wootah
The reason I need this is that the user logs into the site then accesses the forum.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by Wootah
I didn't even notice but I thought I might add this for others.

A menu item gets created in the menu manager for the forum menus. So it is easy to show and hide menu items.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds