Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question can't find CSS file to change link colors

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by thepiston
I'm blending the Blue Eagle which is making my font color weird. When I turn off the color in Firebug the colors go to my normal template colors, but the CSS file just says "index". Does that mean the color is coming from my Joomla template? If so I do not know where since the color is not my link color.

where is this?

#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {
color: #94A3C4;
}

I also need hover.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by thepiston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I don't understand the topic subject "can't find CSS file to change link colours". I don't understand what you mean by Firebug reporting that the CSS file "just says 'index'".

If you see the FAQ topic How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena , you should add your customisations at the end of your Joomla site template CSS file (whatever it's called); if your Joomla site template is named index.css, then that's the file you change. I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by thepiston
my template doesn't have #Kunena a:link in it, so I'm trying to find the correct file to alter the link colors.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
the piston wrote:

my template doesn't have #Kunena a:link in it ...

Nobody's site template should have #Kunena. What do you mean by "my template"?

We can keep bouncing this question back and forward all day or you can look at the FAQs page (see the menu tab above). When people ask us general questions like where do I find the CSS file, we could say, wherever you last left it. Of course, that would be a little sarcastic.

I have written the answer to this question several hundred times now but, for your sake, I will write it again: if you want to change colours, text sizes or fonts, you should make those changes to your Joomla site template.

You've got the information you need to change the link colours:

#Kunena a:link, #Kunena a:visited, #Kunena a:active {
}

The hover colour is simply an extension of the idea:

#Kunena a:hover {
}

The only piece of information that I don't know, that's peculiar to your site, that's unique to your site and makes your site different from everyone else's site, is the name or location of your Joomla site template. But, even there, Firebug can show that. If you still have problems finding where your Joomla site template is located, and what its filename is, please give us the URL of your website and we'll be able to tell you.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by thepiston
sorry to be a pain. I just didn't think my template's CSS would have a line it in for Kunena, but maybe it does. I'll look.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Like I've written, we can keep bouncing messages back and forward (and get no closer to answering your basic question - "Where is the CSS file where I can change ...") or you can read the FAQs page again and, this time, pay particular attention to What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

The sooner you give us information that pinpoints your specific site configuration, the sooner we can answer your question. Does that sound like a fair deal to you?

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds