Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Where did these module positions go? kunena_bottom, kunena_section_1, etc....

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by justdietnow
I'm looking to implement google adsense in the forums, and found on another site I can use these module positions:

kunena_bottom - if you want to put ads at the end to the forum;
kunena_section_1 - ads placed after the first section;
kunena_topic_1 - AdSense ads will be displayed after the first topic;
kunena_msg_1 - this position will put ads after each first message, when opening a new Topic.

But they are not in my module positions. How can I add these?

UPDATE: You have to manually type the module position in!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by justdietnow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by nemmar

justdietnow wrote: I'm looking to implement google adsense in the forums:
kunena_bottom - if you want to put ads at the end to the forum;
kunena_section_1 - ads placed after the first section;
kunena_topic_1 - AdSense ads will be displayed after the first topic;
kunena_msg_1 - this position will put ads after each first message, when opening a new Topic.
UPDATE: You have to manually type the module position in!

Hi,

I'm looking to put AdSense ads inside my Kunena forum just like this Kunena.org/forum has them with 3 ads per topic thread spread out between the posts. I'm not clear on how to do this:

1) Do I just create a custom html module with the AdSense code and just use one of the module positions listed above for each? Or does this Kunena site forum use different module positions to put the ads between the topic posts?

2)Years ago I had a phpBB forum and I was able to have AdSense ads display INSIDE the first post (rectangle size ad) and then between some of the thread posts (horizontal leaderboard size ads). Is that possible with Kunena?

Thanks for any advice!

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
nemmar: I answered your question here: www.kunena.org/forum/170-k-16-and-k-17-t...faulttemplate#110617

The module positions don't automatically appear. You have to type them in. OK?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #4 by nemmar
Hi,

Yes, I have an idea of how it's done from looking at that Wiki help page. But I wasn't clear since that Wiki page talks about menu tabs for module positions. I re-read it again and it seems like I just need to use the references of:

kunena_msg_1 ... kunena_msg_n, where n = number of messages in a page

The other question I was wondering about was: Years ago I had a phpBB forum and I was able to have AdSense ads display INSIDE the first post (rectangle size ad). Is that possible with Kunena? I didn't see that mentioned on that Wiki page, unless it's there and I missed it again.

Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by nemmar.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
In Joomla you assign your AdSense module to a module position. The module positions are not populated automatically for you in the Joomla Module Manager. You have to enter the module position according to the information given in Module Positions .

This isn't (in a strict sense) a Kunena issue. It's Joomla module management issue. Have I totally managed to mystify you? :lol:

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by animator3000
Replied by animator3000 on topic Banners in kunena 1.7
Hello,
I would like to know how to add banners in the forum. I would like to put my banners here:

Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds